• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Heaney out 6-12 weeks: getting a PRP injection

Trout, Richards, Calhoun, Santiago.

That type of thinking is partially how the Angels got into this situation.

Being crappy this year might provide the Angels with some opportunities for improvement but not by getting rid of some important core players.

Being crappy this year might provide the Angels with some opportunities for improvement but not by getting rid of some important core players.

When was the last time the halos sold off cheap, young talent for prospects?

No, thinking they were one or two players away from contending instead of selling and restocking is how they got into this disaster of a situation. It's reset button time. But Angels fans are babies and don't want to part with their favorite toy, so yay mediocrity.

Trading young talent for prospects works for teams who can effectively scout prospects.  The Angel scouting track record scares me but I understand the logic. 

Not really sure what to make of the "Angel fans are babies" comment.  It suggests that fans have a say in personal decisions which is probably not the case.

Trading young talent for prospects works for teams who can effectively scout prospects. The Angel scouting track record scares me but I understand the logic.

Not really sure what to make of the "Angel fans are babies" comment. It suggests that fans have a say in personal decisions which is probably not the case.

The fans being babies certainly hasn't effected personnel decisions - the comment was aimed more at the reaction of many of the superfans on this board who think such a mic shouldn't even be contemplated.

And yeah the Angels scouting track record scares me too, but to me it beats the alternative of hoping and praying we turn water into wine with the current roster.

No, thinking they were one or two players away from contending instead of selling and restocking is how they got into this disaster of a situation. It's reset button time. But Angels fans are babies and don't want to part with their favorite toy, so yay mediocrity.

The Angels won't spend to supplement the current team or blow it up and start over.

I don't think the fans want them to be a slightly over .500 team that makes a quick exit if they win the wildcard.

PRP's are not always a precursor to TJ surgery. 

They are also used to treat muscle tears, osteoarthritis, plantar fasciitis, ankle sprains....etc.

Heaney's issue has been diagnosed as forearm tightness - probably due to tendon irritation - not unusual with a pitcher. 

PRP's aid tendons...etc. to healing quicker.

Scans of Heaney's elbow have shown ligaments are fat and healthy.

I think Tanaka had PRP injections last year and he avoided TJS, at least so far.

But yeah, this sucks. All of a sudden the Angels need Weaver to be decent and might be looking at Smith or Kendrick as their fifth starter.

"Don't forget me!"

cj-wilson-baseball-headshot-photo.jpg