• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Twins change their walk-up music to nothing but Prince songs

Chuck

it's tragic that he passed away so young.

that being said and responding to Lou's post - not coming out of the woodwork - I can't name any Prince songs -- was never a fan of his music.

meanwhile, a true icon of the American music scene (from California no less!!) passed away April 13 and not much mention here.

How about nothing but some Bakersfield sound tunes for walk up at the ballyard -- lots of Merle Haggard with some Buck thrown in as well........

No one tops Merle --right up there with Hank Williams (and I don't mean Junior).

i've followed country music since the early 60s. I'd say my favorite country artists are (not in any particular order) Hank Williams, Marty Robbins, Bob Wills and George Jones. 

I can still appreciate what a talent Prince was.

Surely you can remember the song (Tonight I'm gonna party like it's) 1999? It really was the anthem of the turning of the millennium.........and it was written 18 years before 2000.

it's tragic that he passed away so young.
that being said and responding to Lou's post - not coming out of the woodwork - I can't name any Prince songs -- was never a fan of his music.

meanwhile, a true icon of the American music scene (from California no less!!) passed away April 13 and not much mention here.

How about nothing but some Bakersfield sound tunes for walk up at the ballyard -- lots of Merle Haggard with some Buck thrown in as well........

No one tops Merle --right up there with Hank Williams (and I don't mean Junior).

I started a thread.  Didn't receive much attention.  Grew up on Hag.  Wore out an 8-track or two.

Edited by HaloWHAM!

Know a lot of his music, my wife knows even more.  He was a great artist and even better musician.  

This year has been so bad for loss of music.  I feel like a part of my youth has died.

Ditto....  This has been an awful year ...    I still remember the first time an artist died that actually hit home with me -- Joe Strummer, 2002.  It was the first real hit at my youth.

it's tragic that he passed away so young.that being said and responding to Lou's post - not coming out of the woodwork - I can't name any Prince songs -- was never a fan of his music..

Then my comment doesn't apply to you since you haven't said you love his music

my childhood friend and i used to groove on prince regularly. unfortunately, he was killed at 16 by a drunk driver. at his funeral, we played purple rain and the cross to commemorate his life. it was a difficult time, and i'm reminded of him whenever i listen to prince, which i still do. hearing of prince's passing last week really set me back, and i had to ignore it emotionally because i knew it would renew some old emotions.

cali makes a poor point by saying that he hadn't heard anyone talking about prince in a couple years, and so by default the out poor of remembrances are insincere. 

my response is this, why don't you read that first paragraph again. everything has a heyday.

Yeah, his first moderately popular album was released in late October, 1979, but even that didn't generate significant sales until after 1980. He was a creature of the 80s and MTV and the 80s, thank God, saved us from disco.

saved us from disco? SAVED US???

watch it, bub. some of us here knew how to shimmy on the dance floor in ways that made travolta look like he was doing the chicken dance.