• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Twins change their walk-up music to nothing but Prince songs

Chuck

How come nobody made a big hooplah about the guy before he died? It has been very very rare to hear a Prince song nonetheless hear his name even be mentioned about a week ago.

All of a sudden all these lovers come out of nowhere.

I don't doubt he would have enjoyed the attention before father time got to him, why didn't you jerks (including the Rockies) let him know how cool he was when he was alive?

How come nobody made a big hooplah about the guy before he died? It has been very very rare to hear a Prince song nonetheless hear his name even be mentioned about a week ago.

I don't doubt he would have enjoyed the attention before father time got to him, why didn't you jerks (including the Rockies) let him know how cool he was when he was alive?

you really can't be this dense

right?

It's the Twins, dumbass and he is their hometown musical hero.

Prince took a protective stance on music copyrights

Oooooooooooo, what a provocative post, edgy post guy. Sooooooo outrageous. Hey, everybody look at edgy post guy over here with his edgy post!

lol

I'm guessing 150 million record sales, including 6 double platinum albums gave him a clue as to his popularity.

7  Grammy Awards (32 nominations) and an Academy Award  might also have helped 

I'm not saying he didn't know he was popular, it's just that I hadn't heard a goddamn thing about Prince from anyone in, oh I don't know, the past 2 years until he died. Then all of a sudden everyone's coming out of the woodwork like they loved the guy so much except they don't know any songs but Purple Rain and Don't Have to be Rich. Of course there are going to be exceptions here and there and everyone's different, but overall it's really quite a bit of ass-hatted theatrics.

I don't give a shit about awards. 

It's the Twins, dumbass and he is their hometown musical hero.

That's a shame. Great guitar player. Don't care much for his music.

Oooooooooooo, what a provocative post, edgy post guy. Sooooooo outrageous. Hey, everybody look at edgy post guy over here with his edgy post!

lol

Hilarious!

I'm trying to think of a more influential, more creative person in pop/rock, who basically got their start in the 80s, than Prince. I cant come up with one. He basically pulled pop/rock out of the doldrums of the disco era. Punk played a bit of a role, but it wasnt a genre that lasted very long. Of the influential groups that came from that movement, maybe only the Police and The Ramones turned out to be that significant.

I suppose one could point to Madonna in pop, but she didnt play any instruments and didnt write songs the way Prince did. Prince was immensely more talented than Madonna, IMO. He produced several albums where he played nearly all the instruments on them. He was like the Stevie Wonder of the 80s, in a sense.

Yeah, his first moderately popular album was released in late October, 1979, but even that didn't generate significant sales until after 1980. He was a creature of the 80s and MTV and the 80s, thank God, saved us from disco.

He deserves all the accolades he is getting, upon his death. Sure, his popularity had dwindled. Pop music when in another direction in the 90s (mostly bad hip hop) and it's really never recovered, IMO. It's to his credit that he didn't simply follow along with the direction. Prince was never a follower.

It took me a while to accept the androgynous aspect of his persona (much as it took me a while to accept Bowie) but there was never any lack of acceptance in his music for me.