• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Amid career-worst slump, Albert Pujols to stay in cleanup spot

Wow. All this because I said he wouldn't play out his entire contract. I said he wouldn't finish it because he won't want to because of where his performance would be. If you don't think walking away from $100 million is different for someone who has made $100's of million then I guess we will agree to disagree. Gil Meche walked away from $12 million and retired at 32.

100 mil >12 mil

First off this sacrifice you talk about is getting sweetly paid millions of dollars to play a game. Oh no they have to work out and practice and perform something most these people love to do and they've done it their entire life. It really isn't that difficult to practice and work out daily train. Yes its difficult as hell to be the top 1% of the baseball players and make it in professional lives. But to say their lives are so hard is insane. Dude had/has a gift from God to play baseball and training working out and preparing daily is something that comes with the territory. Baseball is what a 6 month regular season sport and they play half their games at home so they are on the road for half of it. You people act like this is slave labor. Like they are being handsomely rewarded for it. No I don't care how much these athletes are being paid, they probably should get paid more than they do considering what live rights are right now. Seriously you are babying these athletes. Please if you think my comments are embarrassing then don't respond to them better yet, pm me and we can chat more in depth.

Your an idiot. Pay has nothing to do with it. You said all they have to do is play a game for three hours. It takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice to do what they do. No shit they are paid well girl it but do not minimize their efforts by saying it's easy.

Life is so hard I play a sport for a living haha dude are u kidding its 3 hours a day get to wake up relax and go play a sport these guys have been playing their whole life, travel, etc. It is a brother hood. These guys who stick around for 20 plus years love every minute of it.

"Wake up relax and go play a sport ..."

You really have no clue what it takes to be a professional athlete

By the end of this season Pujols will have made $204 million.

He has been in rehab for an injury and recovery from surgery every season as an Angel. At some point he will call it quits long before his contract is up unless he truly believes his performance outweighs all of the pain he goes through to lace them up for spring training.

The money, at this point, is irrelevant.

He has been in rehab for an injury and recovery from surgery every season as an Angel. At some point he will call it quits long before his contract is up unless he truly believes his performance outweighs all of the pain he goes through to lace them up for spring training.

Yep. The same people that don't believe this are the same people that hate the dude and vilainize him.

The more I think about it .... I like Calhoun batting behind Pujols. He's the only guy behind Trout that can give Pujols some protection in the lineup. Pujols either bats fourth or fifth ... batting behind Trout is good for Trout. Pujols is still a player pitchers fear.

Honestly, I would prefer to have Calhoun bat behind trout. Being left handed and the first baseman having to hold Trout. It really opens up the right side of the infield. Also, I think it would provide more chances for steals.

Go Halos!!!

You're assuming he's in pain on the field of play. Pain may be the only reason he decides to retire early. If he's healthy and playing pain free I don't see him retiring early because his game is in decline.

I hope he's smart enough not to get addicted to pain killers if that's the case.

Personally, I don't think he will consider retiring early until he hits 600.  Once he gets there, I think he will begin pondering cutting out if his other numbers continue to suffer.   So, yeah, I think there is a threshold he needs to cross still.  

I just can't see Albert retiring early.

Money aside (and that's a big, big deal) Albert has several milestones just ahead that will cement his legacy as a great player and his future as a HOF inductee.

Couple those two things and barring an injury I can't imagine him giving it up early.