• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Amid career-worst slump, Albert Pujols to stay in cleanup spot

If Pujols continues to suck im sure he would retire at some point. He has too much pride to continue on as a .220 hitter and still be the highest paid player in the league. It might take another year or two but once he completely loses it, he will leave.

Yep, I've been saying this as well.

I prefer to root for the guy ... you know Trout is. My intuition tells me he'll be around for at least four more years. He'll always be a shell of his old self but in sports comebacks are common. I think he should be playing 1st base 5 days a week and quit treating him with kid gloves.

If he's a .220 hitter or worse he won't stick around. Or if he is like last year minus the 40 homers he will complete the season, come back the next season to see if he can regain his form, if not he will retire.

Stradling don't you think he will hang around no matter what he's hitting if he's within reach of some milestone? Like Mays or Ruth or someone else of noteriaty.

If he's a .220 hitter or worse he won't stick around. Or if he is like last year minus the 40 homers he will complete the season, come back the next season to see if he can regain his form, if not he will retire.

I think you're right. The guy has enough money and too much pride. 

I mean, I cannot fathom being him and going from being the best in the world to a sub .200 hitter with occasional home runs. 

That said, I hope he gets his shit together quick. We need him to get locked in like he was last year. 

I would take a .240 BA and 40 HR again if that's all we're going to get. 

If that's the case though, we need to land a good  hitting 1B since we're already weak at 2B, SS, 3B, C and LF. 

Stradling don't you think he will hang around no matter what he's hitting if he's within reach of some milestone? Like Mays or Ruth or someone else of noteriaty.

I doubt it.

He's a first ballot hall of famer regardless. 

This might just be me being a homer, but when I saw him batting yesterday something looked different in his swing. His swing looked really, really balanced as opposed to him looking like he was swinging out of his shoes for the last month.

Even his first swing and a miss looked good, if that's possible. Something might have just clicked for him i'm thinking.

This might just be me being a homer, but when I saw him batting yesterday something looked different in his swing. His swing looked really, really balanced as opposed to him looking like he was swinging out of his shoes for the last month.

Even his first swing and a miss looked good, if that's possible. Something might have just clicked for him i'm thinking.

He hit the ball hard four times yesterday, no idea if it will carry over to today or not.

I mean, this swing is picture perfect.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v621512383/sealaa-pujols-563rd-career-homer-ties-jackson/?player_id=405395

Compare it to him falling out of his shoes swinging here. Obviously the same result but a completely different looking swing.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v596223683/laamin-pujols-mashes-a-tworun-home-run/?player_id=405395