• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

UC Berkeley Touts $15 Minimum Wage Law, Then Fires Hundreds Of Workers After It Passes

AFL, are you familiar why all of the American car companies other than Ford had to be bailed out and why most of them had to cut huge swaths of their employees?  The reason why Detroit is basically a third world country now.

I'm not too familiar with what happened during that period.

My best guess is their profits were dwindling because the quality of their cars were shit in the early to mid 2000s.

Unions demanded higher pay, better retirement and health benefits wh itch took away from the quality of the car in order to line prices up with the competition. Of course the competition made better cars for the cost so the companies started tanking. Eventually the unions strong armed themselves out of jobs and now the cars are made by robots in Indonesia.

I was at a begal place yesterday and instead of someone working the register you ordered by iPad. Bet that iPad costs less than $15 an hour.

There is a price for greed. Very rarely in this world can people get away with being paid more than what they are worth.

So their cars are pretty good now and they're competitive.

What changed?

You still don't get it. I do t think wage growth is needed. Individuals grow their wage by working harder or findin g better jobs.

Their cars are still shit. It will take a very long time to undo what was done over a 25 year period. Their prices are more competitive for their shitty cars though already.

Salaried employees must receive income that is double that of minimum wage meaning an employer won't be able to offer and an employee won't be able to accept a salary of less than 50+K per year.

There are a lot of $35-$45K salaried jobs out there. It's what most fresh-out-of-college students get. Those jobs are going to be much fewer

You still don't get it. I do t think wage growth is needed. Individuals grow their wage by working harder or findin g better jobs.

Their cars are still shit. It will take a very long time to undo what was done over a 25 year period. Their prices are more competitive for their shitty cars though already.

I have five Fords and my last two cars before that were Fords, I have not had one single problem with any of them. Wait that's not true, I had to replace the starter in my sons 97 F150.

To be fair two of them are/were my company cars. Both are Ford Taurus and neither have given me any trouble at all. One thing I have noticed with the Taurus is they seem to be prone to get cracks or chips in the windshields. In my 2010 Taurus I replaced three and in this one I'm about to replace one.

I still don't get it? You're impossible to have a discussion with, you just repeatedly attack with insults. You are just an angry little boy mad at the world for whatever reason who get his jollies off joining something like mensa so you guys can jerk each other off on how smart you all think you are.

And apparently you think the same jobs should pay at the same rate forever. According to your "logic" a construction worker should still be making the same rate as 50 years ago. He just has to work harder to get to that foreman position, because we all know that there are an unlimited amount of those!

I still don't get it? You're impossible to have a discussion with, you just repeatedly attack with insults. You are just an angry little boy mad at the world for whatever reason who get his jollies off joining something like mensa so you guys can jerk each other off on how smart you all think you are.

And apparently you think the same jobs should pay at the same rate forever. According to your "logic" a construction worker should still be making the same rate as 50 years ago. He just has to work harder to get to that foreman position, because we all know that there are an unlimited amount of those!

Can you two guys cool it down?

Here:

Salaried employees must receive income that is double that of minimum wage meaning an employer won't be able to offer and an employee won't be able to accept a salary of less than 50+K per year.

There are a lot of $35-$45K salaried jobs out there. It's what most fresh-out-of-college students get. Those jobs are going to be much fewer

Is that a state law? I wasn't aware of that.

This is a terrible comparison. Many construction workers have specialties that allow them to command far more than minimum wage for their services. And those who don't possess such skills probably aren't worth more than minimum wage. If they want more, they should learn a skill and make themselves more marketable.