• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What's behind Mike Trout's early struggles?

Chuck

People expect that he's not going to slump ever.  His line drive rate is 30% so far.  He's just been hitting far more grounders and less fly balls than he did in the past.  But he's hitting the ball hard.

The problem is that he's essentially the entire offense so it's very noticeable when he isn't carrying the team.  

nice game for Trout today.

But I still feel something spoiled what could have been a much cooler Trout. I want the Trout from the first 2 full seasons - the 30/30 guy who was also the fastest player in the game, and an insane on-base machine. A reincarnation of Ricky Henderson with more power. 

Now we just have a really good slugger, who is also prone to a lot of strikeouts and an on-base thats lower than the first 2 seasons. While he's amazing now, he doesn't transcend the game like he used to. 

He will never be the fastest player in the game. His OBP was better last year than his first. Last year he led the league in SLG and OPS. Lay off the pipe.

Yes I believe my own bullshit. Mike Trout has been anointed by the baseball world and the fans as the best player on the planet. You don't think that puts a lot of pressure on him? Remember when Pujols got here and struggled people here were saying that he was under a lot of pressure to perform because of his big contract.

Mike Trout has been amazing but he's not surrounded by a bunch of top performers. Everything falls on his shoulders. Pujols is in the on deck circle hitting .161 so Trout has to be under pressure to perform if they want to win. Scioscia needs to put Calhoun between Trout and Pujols. Righty, Lefty, Righty at the heart of the order would help Trout. It's only common sense.

Calhoun hits behind Trout*

Mike Trout is a great modern day player but he is not Mantle, Henderson or the masher Pujols was in his early St Louis years. Many people including myself will argue that Trout is no longer the best hitter in baseball. There are several reasons I've cited before. Trout plays in a pitchers ballpark and plays in a very weak lineup. He seems to press a lot and try to force the issue. He was a better hitter two years ago. A .330 / 35hrs / 115rbi / 1.000ops type Trout would be great.

lol..why..just why?

You and Stormgt are the only 2 posters I've seen constantly trying to discredit trout.

I know why Storm only says negative shit about him. He's still butthurt that the Angels chose Trout over Bourjos for some crazy reason.

Troll Daddy too, but he doesn't count.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/has-bryce-harper-surpassed-mike-trout-thats-a-clown-question-bro/?ex_cid=538twitter

I like Harper and love the way he plays the game. He's kind of a douche but so what?? I just want Trout to always be the best player in the game but I like that he has a challenger. Having said that I think Trout has his best season yet. The haters in this thread are comical at best

His average is up to .286 after two games. Will people calm their tits. The one we have to worry about is fat Albert and his inability to get on base. That and the fact that we have him for six more years.

Holly shit. 6 more years? For some reason I thought it was down to 5. 

yikes.. thanks arte.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

He's healthy and he's hitting .148. Don't you think he should retire now? When will the Angels Management finally let him know that it's time for him to ride the pine or retire.

No idea, but he's a good week away from batting .260. As far as him riding the pine we have no one better. Of course your blinded to that because he's rich.

No idea, but he's a good week away from batting .260. As far as him riding the pine we have no one better. Of course your blinded to that because he's rich.

I'll be waiting for that good week that has him go from .148 to .260

Lol so let's put this in perspective........we've gone from building a dynasty with multiple championships with Pujols leading the way to waiting for him to have a good week. Got it thanks.

Claude find another topic. You've become ridiculous and predictable and quite frankly pathetic. You've literally become a parody of yourself.

just a ridiculous as thinking Pujols will retire with 2-3 years left on his contract. 

just a ridiculous as thinking Pujols will retire with 2-3 years left on his contract.

The difference is its one post not 10-20 a day in every single thread whether that thread is about Albert or not. I'll continue to believe he will retire. To you and I that's an insane amount of money, to someone who's made $100's of millions it's just more money. I make great money but at 59 or so I'll retire, regardless of whether or not I could work and continue to add to my bank account.

oh poozy, you are silly.  All of us have have silly opinions but only claude (and munkey before him) have to drive it into every imaginable thread.  Call me when Strad reaches post number 2000 about how Pujols is going to retire early.  At that point he will be half way to Claude.

lol..why..just why?

You and Stormgt are the only 2 posters I've seen constantly trying to discredit trout.

I know why Storm only says negative shit about him. He's still butthurt that the Angels chose Trout over Bourjos for some crazy reason.

Troll Daddy too, but he doesn't count.

How the F**** did I get involved in this. I got news for you I have never discredited Trout. So quit lying. In fact I usually don't criticize the players. In the past I have argued against those who I feel unfairly hate on the players. However the last two years I have refrained from doing that. Until now when you trashed me falsely. For the record I never had a problem of Trout taking over for Bourjos. I had a problem with Bourjos being benched for Abreu and Vernon Wells. And considering that happened four F***ing years ago you are an ASS for bringing up.

As for any criticism I may have on Trout it isn't Trout it's the posters who hate on other players and give Trout a pass.