• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Got a job opening for you Teachers out there.

"Hmm... we're not exactly sure why someone wouldn't want to live in Hawaii"

Because it sucks to live like you're poor

lol  yeah.  Take a pay cut AND move to a place with a higher cost of living.  I like how some of these places with high costs of living are willing to bus teachers to their city or build and pay for apartment housing for teachers to come and teach.  Like migrant teachers. 

**** that.  Pay 'em what they're worth. 

Even higher COL than Alaska.

Food, gas, energy.. pretty much out of sight..

Highest % of homeless in the US.

That said though..I could live there. I brew my own beer and can grow most of my own food. Not much of a meat eater anymore,(can easily live on fish-poultry) and fruits and veges do well in the volcanic soil/ year round growing season.

My cholesterol was getting crazy, and I switched to a vegetarian diet almost a month ago, and I didn't want to just go to bread and cheese, so I cut most flour and sugar, too.

I don't care about eating animals at all, so it wasn't an ethical decision.

I feel like a different person, and I don't think it's because of cutting meat; I think it's because I've had to increase the amount of fruit and veg I eat, so I'm not deficient in vitamins anymore. My mood, especially, is better. I don't miss meat, but that doesn't mean I won't eat a cheeseburger again someday.

I spend most of my time in the produce section now, so is produce as massively overpriced in Hawaii as other stuff in a grocery store there?

Stuff maybe cheaper at a local farmers market since there is less overhead.

Mangoes, papayas, pineapple, kiwi, kumquat, coconuts...are all grown there. Some other fruit from the S Pacific is reasonable. Eggs, pork and poultry are raised there.

Rice is a staple Asain food, and isn't expensive. Anything brought in from somewhere else.. Beef, Dairy, etc is outosight..

Spam is a local favorite, available pretty much everywhere.

Locals on Molokai hunt these mini deer that are absolutely awesome eating..

Never acquired a taste for poi (taro) mainly because of the texture/consistency...but have had some pretty decent tasting variations with coconut, mango, etc..

Edited by Homebrewer

The soil is really great there and you can grow almost anything.  If you have a green thumb and a plot for a good garden you could save a lot of money.  Milk is pricey and obviously homes and gas are ridiculous.

The Big Island is a little cheaper on beef because there is a large cattle ranch there.