• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

F U Salas

The tough thing is to build a bullpen on a budget. I think Eppler had his hands tied and tried to piece a bullpen together and then overload it with depth. It's still in the early stages of the season, but one thing is clear Salas needs to be the 5th or 6th option in a decent bullpen and Scioscia is using him like he's the guy to be trusted in rough spots.

I point the finger more at dipo. Agreed that he too was tied to a budget. But breaking up the 2014 bullpen as quick as he did was retarded. Like doc said, the bullpen was the difference that year. A bullpen would have gotten us to the playoffs in 12, and probably last year as well.

Not sure if this applies, but I was not a fan of Skip trotting out to replace another reliever after every at bat.

I'm mostly a guy based on feel, and when you give a reliever 1 at bat then yank him for another guy, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Let the guy groove in there a little bit and get a feel. It's tough to do that when you're 1 and done.

Not sure if this applies, but I was not a fan of Skip trotting out to replace another reliever after every at bat.

I'm mostly a guy based on feel, and when you give a reliever 1 at bat then yank him for another guy, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Let the guy groove in there a little bit and get a feel. It's tough to do that when you're 1 and done.

I could be wrong but I think every pitcher with the exception of Alvarez (who came in to get a lefty out and didn't) faced multiple batters.

Salas is gonna be gone within the next couple of weeks. They're just squeezing as many outings out of him as possible right now. It'll cost them a couple games, but it's saving the other guys innings.

Achter, Bedrosian, Guerra, or 'querque will have his place by late May.

I'm not saying I approve of that idea, just that's how Scioscia has operated with guys like Salas before.

Edited by totdprods