• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

POLL: Best all-time Angels CF/RF Duo?

Chuck

Best Angels Outfielder Duo (CF/RF)  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Best Angels Center-fielder & Right-fielder

• Erstad & Salmon
    • Hunter & Vlad
    • Trout & Calhoun
    • Lynn & Jackson
    • Edmonds & Salmon
    • Devon White & Chili Davis

I voted Erstad/Salmon. Erstad played the harder than most players. Trout just makes it look easy because of his talent. As good of a player Vlad was his over powered arm would sometimes cloud his judgment on throws. Salmon was steady, not awesome. FWIW I didn't take offense into account, just the play in the field

Edited by Angels N Skins

I voted Erstad/Salmon. Erstad played the harder than most players. Trout just makes it look easy because of his talent. As good of a player Vlad was his over powered arm would sometimes cloud his judgment on throws. Salmon was steady, not awesome. FWIW I didn't take offense into account, just the play in the field

If we're talking defense, I would say Erstad has the edge on talent over Trout. Although, Trouts physically can make plays that Erstad wouldn't be able to make.

I'd say it's worth quite a bit :)

Beat me to it, was gonna say the same about edmonds/salmon.

Erstad was my fave so im biased. But damn, crazy to think of the run we went on for awhile with the homegrown talent. No pitching but still.

A lot of people point to the dodgers having 5 ROYs in a row, and that is cool. And of that group you have piazza. Karros was solid but never really became a superstar. Nomo was very good for a few years. Mondesi was a stud for s short period. Hollandsworth, meh.

That said, salmon/edmonds/GA/erstad/glaus i honestly think beats it. Piazza probably edges edmonds, but salmon edges karros. Ga edges mondesi. Glaus vs nomo or whatever is probably even or so. Erstad over hollandsworth all day.

How times have changed...

This is a tough one!

1. Hunter and Vlad well.....VLAD!

2. Edmonds and Salmon is who I chose but I was also on the fence due to Mike Trout (Today).... Edmonds ability were only overshadowed by his aloofness when he was here! I would have loved to have kept him and hated the Trade though Kennedy got us to the World Series with his 3-HR game vs the Twinkies!

3. In a different era Lynn & Reggie were huge! How can you not put "THE STRAW" there????? Though Freddie Lynn had some outstanding games and really good seasons. It always seemed the nagging injuries would tap his season in the end for power #'s.

4. I just want to agree with Lou that Felix and Gone Dayes should have received more love from opposing teams fans.....

We've had some outstanding Combo's in CF & RF!

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

I probably agree on the Lynn and Jackson combo. Didn't Hunter and Vlad only play two years together here? Vlad was injured for a significant part of one of those too and played practically no right field.

Edited by Oz27