• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

HR Block

So I do my own taxes using their website services. I have completed them, but haven't filed the taxes yet. Today I log on and they are doing system maintenance, I really don't even know what to say. It is APRIL 14TH. I am feeling a little bit of stress on this.

So I do my own taxes using their website services. I have completed them, but haven't filed the taxes yet. Today I log on and they are doing system maintenance, I really don't even know what to say. It is APRIL 14TH. I am feeling a little bit of stress on this.

You have until the 18th this year.

H&R Block at a retail location is a huge ripoff.  Avoid at all costs.

I have mixed feelings about private EA's and CPA's.  Never had any incompetent ones but their personality traits are problematic at times.  The one guy I'd been going to for years, nicest person in the world, just really quiet.  Always had answers for every question I asked but never volunteered any suggestions of his own.  There were things he knew about, and assumed I knew too, but never said squat.  A year later I find out that I owe an extra $2,500 in taxes/penalties for no good reason.  What the hell? 

Had I known that previously, I would have forked over another $500 for the advice.

Yea I know Adam. It kind of became something that interested me. So I kind of enjoy screwing around with it. But I do agree that it's time to go back to having someone do my taxes. It's also kind of silly because of my income there are things that don't benefit me. When I add things like car registration or most work expenses it doesn't move the needle. When I say it doesn't move the needle I mean not even a penny. That's with about $1500 in work expenses and four cars in my name. Literally only three things move the needle: mortgage interest, alimony and charitable donations.

1. Get an extension if need be.

2. Start a LLC as some random shit like a consultant, you pretty much have three years to write off losses (hey, you just so happen to be the worst ceo/owner/business man of all time like everyone else that uses the loop hole)

3. It's worth it to pay someone less than what you'd owe.