• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Interesting Andrelton Simmons stat

Chuck

I know the whole 'he should strike out more' thing is kind of a running joke, but it sorta holds true for AS.  He really does need to swing and miss on more of those balls he puts into play for weak outs.  It's almost like he takes a two strike approach regardless of the count.  Save the 'put the ball in play' mentality for when you have two strikes.  He's a big guy who can hit the ball hard.  

mickey-hatcher.jpg

Can I be of service?

The scouting report on this guy has always been that he makes a lot of contact and doesn't strike out much. He strikes out about 10% of the time and he's right there this year. I would not hold my breath about "When those hit balls start finding the gap he will hit for more average" because that's never been the case for him. He has had a higher than career BABIP for the Angels so far.

He makes contact but he needs better plate discipline because he's up there swinging at a lot of balls out of the zone. I'd like to see him have the same batting average but take more walks.