• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scully

This is reminiscent of the Scully I grew up with: https://youtu.be/9w7Kt1vo-3Y

This is a Brooklyn broadcast, but he was like this during the KFI days. He let the game take center stage and subordinated any juicy tidbits of info to it.

The reason I haven't listened to him the last 15 years isn't because he's old or past his prime. It's because he makes his stories the priority and squeezes them in whether the constraints of the game allows time for it or not. I tune in to a baseball game, not to hear the announcer try to entertain me.

I do respect Vin and think he's the greatest baseball play by play man of all time.

Saw some highlights of a couple "stories" of his on ESPN this morning. 

Look, I respect the guy. He's been around a long time and more people like him than not. 

I just don't get it. He's boring. He sounds like a senile old man ranting about his experiences in the war. Just call the damn game. 

Look, I respect the guy. He's been around a long time and more people like him than not. 

I just don't get it. He's boring. He sounds like a senile old man ranting about his experiences in the war. Just call the damn game. 

Scully jumped the shark a long time ago.   Age is a mofo....

I enjoy listening to him because it is a reminder of my youth and days gone by.  Sometimes being reminded of your yesterdays helps you to enjoy today....

It's because he makes his stories the priority and squeezes them in whether the constraints of the game allows time for it or not. I tune in to a baseball game, not to hear the announcer try to entertain me.

Bing-F'n-O

Pujols used to be a dominant hitter. Everyone should cut him some slack and stop bashing him.

Not even the same thing. Scully is not a player. He's an old man doing announcing for baseball.

Do you not appreciate old folks, Lou? They're not always right, they don't always make sense, but if you just understand that and let it go then well, it can be a lot of fun to listen to them.

I would describe my enjoyment of Scully in the same vane I enjoy Rex Hudler. Absolutely makes no sense sometimes, but goddamn it's hard to hate him because he loves the game and he's entertaining to listen to whether he's wrong or right.

Eh, apparently Vinny did something to you were young and you're just not going to be able to get over it. I understand.

I was a young dumb Dodger fan until they traded Mike Piazza, then went Angels forever and have never regretted it and will never go back. In a way I'm glad it happened.

But that doesn't keep me from enjoying listening to Vin now.

Funny thing is my pops hated Vin when I was a kid, and can't stand him now either. I can still remember him in the car "Shuuuuuuuut up!"

did something to me? Do you realize how ridiculous that even sounds? The only thing he ever did was bore the f*** out of me.

So your dad understands how a lot of us feel. Good man.

Seeing how you were a dumb dodger fan, it all makes sense now

Edited by Lou

did something to me? Do you realize how ridiculous that even sounds? The only thing he ever did was bore the f*** out of me.

So your dad understands how a lot of us feel. Good man.

Seeing how you were a dumb dodger fan, it all makes sense now

The only thing that's ridiculous is how much your panties have been getting in a bunch over an 88 year old commentator that a lot of us enjoy.

You're the that's upset because I think he's boring as hell and and currently rivals Jose Mota in butchering his commentary. I think it's funny.

I don't care if you enjoy an 88 year-old man. Have at it. I have no idea why you care so much that I (and others) don't.

You're the that's upset because I think he's boring as hell and and currently rivals Jose Mota in butchering his commentary. I think it's funny.

I don't care if you enjoy an 88 year-old man. Have at it. I have no idea why you care so much that I (and others) don't.

This post belongs in the IEBruin Hall of Fame.

What are you drinking tonight, bro? lol.

• 1 year later...