• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scully

When Socrates Brito, the D-Backs center fielder, came to bat in the first inning, Vin launched into one of his classic stories:

"Socrates Brito steps up to the plate. Socrates. When he (Brito) was a kid he asked his dad, 'Who's Socrates?' and his dad told him, 'a really smart man.' Well, he was probably the smartest man in Greece at that time. But the government didn't like what he was saying and they put him in jail."

Most people would find this impossibly corny, but when Vinnie tells it during an at-bat, it's slightly wonderful.

How orange is he today?

Vin cut a sharp figure in his crisp -- as always -- suit and tie. He didn't look "orange" at all on the field. He was my connection to all the NL teams -- especially SF -- that I wanted to beat the Dodgers back in the Dogs' KFI days. Strangely, I was never really upset at his calls of Sandy's no-hitters.

I've never been a Dodger fan but you can't help but respect what Vinny has done over the years. But honestly he's been a caricature of himself for some time now. I really think he should have called it a day a few years ago. It's tough to listen to him butcher so many names etc. Anyway he deserves the accolades he gets I just think he stayed too long. 

Edited by Angels#1Fan