• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Does Pujols lack the DH moxy?

I've heard players, coaches, etc talk about how difficult it is to DH. I think I recall our super 4 outfield which was to have a rotation with DH not working because no one wanted to DH. (Bye bye Edmonds) Many have stated how hard it is to just sit for several innings and then pick up a bat. 

I was hoping Pujols would become an Edgar Martinez or David Ortiz older type player....sigh....we'll see. 

Honestly Pujols seems pretty weak in the whole stoic detachment department that a DH might need. 

With Cron sucking pretty bad and some crazy throws from Escobar I say throw the old man back at 1b.

Yeah he might wear down by the all star break but it's not like his approach is looking good now. 

I'm just dumbfounded he won't attempt to lose some weight. Prime Albert could carry all of that muscle and bulk and still be athletic enough and quick enough to dominate the game. In his older age, his muscle/bulk/fat is too much for him to carry around. It would alleviate pressure on his feet / legs / knees and probably help him be a bit quicker at the plate. Nothing drastic, 10-15 lbs could really help him. He looks like he's trotting around at 235 -240 lbs out there. 

I'm just dumbfounded he won't attempt to lose some weight. Prime Albert could carry all of that muscle and bulk and still be athletic enough and quick enough to dominate the game. In his older age, his muscle/bulk/fat is too much for him to carry around. It would alleviate pressure on his feet / legs / knees and probably help him be a bit quicker at the plate. Nothing drastic, 10-15 lbs could really help him. He looks like he's trotting around at 235 -240 lbs out there.

e

I've said this before... you're correct 100%

Just trying to do too much. Terrible pitch selection. Trying to pull the ball.

Has to learn his power just isn't what it used to be, and he needs to be more concentrated on hitting singles and doubles instead of homers, and concentrate on going with the ball instead of trying to pull everything.

He would help the team a lot more if he changed his approach.

How many games has he won for the Angels?

This year 1/3 of them, LOL.  He is also tied with David Ortiz for most game ending winning hits since 2000 at 19 (most among active players).  Five of those happen to be with the Angels.

Just trying to do too much. Terrible pitch selection. Trying to pull the ball.

Has to learn his power just isn't what it used to be, and he needs to be more concentrated on hitting singles and doubles instead of homers, and concentrate on going with the ball instead of trying to pull everything.

He would help the team a lot more if he changed his approach.

But that's kinda my point. Someone trying to do too much is a bad description of a good DH. I bet Pujols felt great today digging that bad throw at first. Keeping him at 1b might help him relax a little while batting imo. 

You're right, I think it would help that foot drastically