• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Excellence - Part 2

I don't know that comparing public spending of the US vs the UK is a fair comparison considering the US isn't designed to operate that way.

Any disagreement from either side that the US "model" for health care is pretty much the worst of both worlds in its current state?

I don't know that comparing public spending of the US vs the UK is a fair comparison considering the US isn't designed to operate that way.

It's not fair because it points out the fact the number you've been using is misleading.  The US spends more than the UK on public funded healthcare but it isn't 2 or 3x as much as it's roughly 33% more as of 2011:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_total_health_expenditure_per_capita#/media/File:Oecd-healthexp-percapita.svg

Why is costs more can be attributable to multiple factors one of which is the cost of healthcare for undocumented individuals who aren't denied at emergency rooms and inpatient care in hospitals.   

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

It's not fair because it points out the fact the number you've been using is misleading.  The US spends more than the UK on public funded healthcare but it isn't 2 or 3x as much as it's roughly 33% more as of 2011:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_total_health_expenditure_per_capita#/media/File:Oecd-healthexp-percapita.svg

Why is costs more can be attributable to multiple factors one of which is the cost of healthcare for undocumented individuals who aren't denied at emergency rooms and inpatient care in hospitals.   

In what way am I being misleading? I've been pretty open about the fact that nothing about the US health care system is cost efficient.

Again, nothing about the US healthcare system is cost effective. Not one thing.

There's nothing misleading about the fact that the US spends a ton more on healthcare than the UK, it's simply a fact.

Getting desperate I see, linking a recording from 1978...lol.

I can argue it easily, all I have to do is point to the UK's success. It's universal healthcare is the best in the world.

So how many dozens of countries worldwide are copying the British healthcare model?

You misunderstand. My original post you quoted was not meant to be 100% serious. Sure there are probably some things our system isn't complete shit at, I'm guessing you'd like to share?

You act as though everything you present is factual. Still, I'll leave it to you to figure out why I would disagree with your statement and statements.