• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ace Weaver

ABC

?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. choose wisely

• I BeWeave.
    • I'm a hater.

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez

“I can pitch like that for the rest of the season, " Jered Weaver said, "but I only know it’s going to get better.”

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez

No more tightness, Weaver said. “It makes me look forward to the future in baseball as opposed to thinking about shutting it down.”

this board is a little bit wishy washy wnen it comes to weaver

Yeah, whenever he wins, like today, all the negative nellies claim they like him but as soon as he loses one game they'll be all over him to retire or go to the bullpen. I don't know what's going to happen with Weaver going forward but he deserves better than what he gets here. 

Edited by Angels#1Fan

According to Brooks Baseball which pulls data from the mlb gameday, Weaver did the following

The chageup count is a bit off because his fastball is slow slow it registered as a change a bunch of times, but his max velo was 84.6mph with the two and four seam fastball.  

avg was about 83.  

His command was very sharp.  There really wasn't very many hard hit balls.  Every start we get like this from him is huge.  

It was so fun to watch him today. I see no reason why he can't have a Moyer type year. He'll probably give up at least a HR every game so keeping the walks down is pretty key.

Keeping the walks down is pretty key for all the starters. Hopefully they learned something from watching Weaver today.

It was so fun to watch him today. I see no reason why he can't have a Moyer type year. He'll probably give up at least a HR every game so keeping the walks down is pretty key. 

If he can be a Jamie Moyer type, I'll take it. 

He looked great today. 16 MPH slower on his fastball than Richards', yet is 100x smarter. 

Waiting for Scotty to remind us that Shoe and 7 other guys are better than Weaver.

I'm guessing Skaggs will replace Shoemaker and Heaney will be back soon to replace Tropeano (who I like too) so we'll be in good shape if Weaver pitches like this.

Santiago has looked like a STUD in his last two starts. 

Weav was good at home last season. The real test is his next start when he's on the road

The difference for Weav this season is that he's got a full year under his belt of learning how to pitch with this current velocity drop, so it'll be interesting to see what adjustments he's made in the offseason

Edited by bloodbrother

He's just a smart, savvy veteran pitcher. I've always liked Weaver and the man has earned my respect more than most other Angels. Having said that he obviously doesn't have what he used to, although I wasn't ready to write him off like some here already had.

But if he can continue to pitch anywhere close to how he did today he is still a huge asset to this team, especially considering the state of the starting rotation.