• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Wow. Release Espinosa and promote him now! 

That should be trade Espinosa and promote Cowart now. (Yes he can be traded but obviously not for much like a low level lottery ticket fringe Minor Leaguer).

6 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

This coming on the day I hear from a Rockies source they touched base with the Angels regarding Ryan McMahon makes much less sense.  If any 3B is needed to move over to 2B for 2018, it's looking like Cowart.

I was actually wondering about the Rockies and McMahon/Tapia the other day, in return for some pitching. 

Real curious what the org thinks of Cowart or what their plans are for him at this point. Seems to be quite the mystery.

11 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Wow. Release Espinosa and promote him now! 

Danny's been much better lately. I'd wait until the trade deadline, see what we can get for him or Pennington, then promote Kaleb. Stick him in the lineup at 2B and don't take him out the rest of the year. Between July-September, he should be able to give you a decent idea as to whether he'll hit at the major league level.

@Scotty@AW, what's your take on Ryan Vega? He seems to be a fringe prospect that could be interesting, maybe a future borderline starter/4th outfielder ala Hermosillo?

Also, I know it has only been a few games but I really like what I'm seeing from Brandon Marsh. I'm guessing they'll probably keep him at Orem for the rest of the year, but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if he earns a promotion to Burlington for the last couple weeks of the season and moves up the ranks quickly.

I'm just loving the wealth of outfield prospects the Angels have:

Potential stars/probably at least above average regulars: Jones, Marsh, Adell, Pearson

Potential above average regulars/probable solid regulars or good platoon players: Hermosillo, Todd, Hunter Jr

Fringe but interesting: Vega, Lund, Montgomery, Sanger, Schuknecht, etc

Of the players in the first group, who do you think will reach the majors first?

Quote a few surprises here. The first, we are employing a 19 year old as our pitching coach....assuming that's a typo. 

Dalton Blumenfeld moved to 1B, he was a promisingly athletic catcher a year ago.

Garcia listed as a 3B, even though it's his glove at SS that got him stateside. Semantics, but they must really be pushing Nonie as a SS.

Good to see Johan Sala stateside. A very intriguing mix of skills. Cam Williams too.

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

@Scotty@AW, what's your take on Ryan Vega? He seems to be a fringe prospect that could be interesting, maybe a future borderline starter/4th outfielder ala Hermosillo?

Also, I know it has only been a few games but I really like what I'm seeing from Brandon Marsh. I'm guessing they'll probably keep him at Orem for the rest of the year, but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if he earns a promotion to Burlington for the last couple weeks of the season and moves up the ranks quickly.

I'm just loving the wealth of outfield prospects the Angels have:

Potential stars/probably at least above average regulars: Jones, Marsh, Adell, Pearson

Potential above average regulars/probable solid regulars or good platoon players: Hermosillo, Todd, Hunter Jr

Fringe but interesting: Vega, Lund, Montgomery, Sanger, Schuknecht, etc

Of the players in the first group, who do you think will reach the majors first?

Jones should be the first of that group promoted. I mean we list him with these youngsters, but Jahmai has reached a level they haven't yet. He's considerably further along in my opinion than the others. You're right about Marsh though. He looks stronger than I remember. It looks like he took the offseason training regimen seriously. I've read reports that he's a gym rat, but now we are seeing it play out. 

As for Vega, I don't know a whole lot about him yet, but I'll find out.

The thing about Orem is, we don't just stick players there and let them dominate for months a time. Hitting .400 with 20 HR's out there doesn't benefit anyone. It's more like an advanced version of Arizona League where players are just getting their reps in and organizations getting their first crack at scouting these kids against other professionals. As soon as a player shows they are ready for full season ball, they'll go to Burlington.

Some guys stay in Orem simply because some guys in A Ball didn't advance as quickly as we thought they would and thus weren't promoted to Inland Empire which creates a roster crunch. Sometimes, out A Ball team is devoid of talent because if promotion or a bad draft so we see a ton of guys just drafted get promoted like last year. 

I don't see Marsh spending more than a month in Orem.