• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

Remember Eric Stamets?

He's was traded to Cleveland for David Murphy couple years back.  

Hit 3 hrs tonight and now has 9 homers on the season.  Was in AA briefly to start the season but since his call up to AAA, he's got a 1.003 ops.  He's an excellent defensive SS as well. 

He's 25 so he's not much of a prospect anymore, but where did this power come from?  

Jahmai Jones was 3/4 tonight with a bb.  Avg up to .264.  OPS decently over .700 and close to .725.  Still 19 years old in A ball.  

Gatto with another nice outing.  5ip, 0er, 1bb, 2k.  era at 3.47.  Three earned runs in his last 4 starts (20ip).  Just turned 22 a couple days ago.  Still a few too many walks, but much better.  

Keith Greishaber - a 16th round pick last year.  21yo (about to be 22).  Limited at bats so far as it seems he started the year pretty late but with an ops near 1.000.  .767 last year with azl and orem.  Played 2b/SS last year.  Mostly at 3b this year.  9 steals in 12 attempts this year during his 16 games.  7bb/6k.   TBW (taylor blake ward) called him extremely projectable.  6'2, 185 and very athletic.  Has some xbh potential.  From jefferson CC.  

Cowart 2-3, hr, 2bb, sb.  Now hitting .310 with an .817ops.  

Thaiss went deep for the 6th time.  Hope that gets him going a bit.  

Mobile has been rained out a ton.  

Wade Wass with a .903 ops.  10hrs.  next closest on the team has 4.  25yo catcher.  Late bloomer perhaps?  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Remember Eric Stamets?

He's was traded to Cleveland for David Murphy couple years back.  

Hit 3 hrs tonight and now has 9 homers on the season.  Was in AA briefly to start the season but since his call up to AAA, he's got a 1.003 ops.  He's an excellent defensive SS as well. 

He's 25 so he's not much of a prospect anymore, but where did this power come from?  

IF it counts for anything, Stamets couldn't even explain it when asked. The Indians have some great scouts, Stamets is a future staring IF in the majors.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah I read that. A pretty accurate depiction of Thaiss' season so far. He's a lot better at 1B at this point than Cron was at any point in the minors. Offensively, the power is suppressed but he is working counts and having qualify at bats. The biggest thing Ive noticed fed and Brent mentioned it as well is that Thaiss gets pull happy, and it really works against him. 

I like what Tracy mentioned as far as being ready to hit and timing. Specifically Thaiss' hand positioning looks like it could use some work, and when you're low with your feet spread like he is, it can be difficult to keep your head still and not rise up and down.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:57 PM, Scotty@AW said:

IF it counts for anything, Stamets couldn't even explain it when asked. The Indians have some great scouts, Stamets is a future staring IF in the majors.

If he was kept here, could he have moved to 2B with Simmons manning SS?

Finally we get to see Marsh in action. I'm also excited to see how Rodriguez and Todd do. @Scotty@AW, would you say Rodriguez is the highest ceiling pitching prospect in the org? Or would you rate Canning or Duensing higher?

Todd to me has Calhoun potential: Someone who could surprise and be more than the sum of his parts. He won't be a star, but I could see him developing into an above average major leaguer, or at least a good platoon player.

On 6/18/2017 at 6:39 AM, Scotty@AW said:

Yeah I read that. A pretty accurate depiction of Thaiss' season so far. He's a lot better at 1B at this point than Cron was at any point in the minors. Offensively, the power is suppressed but he is working counts and having qualify at bats. The biggest thing Ive noticed fed and Brent mentioned it as well is that Thaiss gets pull happy, and it really works against him. 

I like what Tracy mentioned as far as being ready to hit and timing. Specifically Thaiss' hand positioning looks like it could use some work, and when you're low with your feet spread like he is, it can be difficult to keep your head still and not rise up and down.

It sounds like Thaiss needs to stop trying to be Jeff Bagwell, and accept that he's more Mitch Moreland.

47 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Any word as to where Canning is going? What about Adell?

So Nonie starts second year in a row in low-Rookie AZL ball. Hopefully he kills it and gets promoted to Orem.

I thought I read Canning is going to AZ to work out, but won't pitch until next season. 

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Any word as to where Canning is going? What about Adell?

So Nonie starts second year in a row in low-Rookie AZL ball. Hopefully he kills it and gets promoted to Orem.

Canning won't throw off the mound again until December. His workload at UCLA was pretty heavy, so they're going to keep him on a stretching and conditioning program. 

And yes, in my opinion Chris has the highest upside of any pitcher in the system. It's the athleticism, it allows you to dream on the potential. He already has mid-rotation starter arsenal. All he needs is the refinement and experience to reach front of the rotation. Whereas someone like Canning already basically is a #4/5 starter in the majors, and could be a #3 in a couple years.