• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

1 hour ago, totdprods said:
Jeff Fletcher @JeffFletcherOCR  30m30 minutes ago
#Angels OF prospect Michael Hermosillo is now listed on the roster at AA. Hit 321/438/434 at high A. One of their more interesting prospects.

If this season really falls flat, Herm may be putting himself in place for a September call-up.

It is not out of the question that if we are out of contention that he gets a post trade deadline call up to see what he can do in LF for us moving forward.

13 minutes ago, ettin said:

It is not out of the question that if we are out of contention that he gets a post trade deadline call up to see what he can do in LF for us moving forward.

I think five the Angels do that, Hermosillo will have had to have an amazing year in AA, and they'd do it just to get his feet wet and get the nerves out of the way so he could come in the next season at some point and perform.

4 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Thaiss is getting hot, another two doubles tonight, so is Gibbons. Greyson Long and Michael Hermosillo were studs in their AA debuts. Sherman Johnson is heating up in AAA, Troy Scribner continues to impress and Eric Young is hitting over .400. 

Get thst guy a uniform.

You think they'd give a roster spot to EY over Robinson?

3 hours ago, KevinJ14 said:

You think they'd give a roster spot to EY over Robinson?

If they're smart, yes. It would require freeing up a spot on the 40 man though there's some dead weight there already. If they're in need of an extra outfielder, his primary function would be pinch running (which he's very good at), defensive replacement (which he's fine at) and pinch hitting (he's hitting over .400). On top of that, You g has major league experience. Roll all of it together and he makes a solid play at 4th OF should Ben Revere ever be pressed into service or on the DL.

5 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

If they're smart, yes. It would require freeing up a spot on the 40 man though there's some dead weight there already. If they're in need of an extra outfielder, his primary function would be pinch running (which he's very good at), defensive replacement (which he's fine at) and pinch hitting (he's hitting over .400). On top of that, You g has major league experience. Roll all of it together and he makes a solid play at 4th OF should Ben Revere ever be pressed into service or on the DL.

I dont disagree

On 4/24/2017 at 0:54 PM, Scotty@AW said:

Some great movement in the Angels system today. Very exciting g. I figured it was only a matter of time before Hermosillo was promoted after they moved Bo Way to AAA.

Looks like AngelsWin was ahead of the curve on Hermosillo. From my own personal experience, as soon as I saw him in the Arizona Fall League, I was sold. He's a completely different hitter than when he was drafthe ed. He's not only going to be a major leaguer, Hermosillo will be a GOOD major leaguer.

Scotty, I've been very impressed on Hermosillo since seeing him in Orem and have been singing his praises since then. As you recall, I've wanted him ranked higher on our lists. Not tbat they are similar players, but it was like some other player I had highly ranked when no other national publication knew his name--Kole Calhoun. We do our work here and we know our system better than just about anyone. There are reasons why pro scouts read our reports (I know for a fact that they do) and consider our rankings very seriously. 

5 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

Scotty, I've been very impressed on Hermosillo since seeing him in Orem and have been singing his praises since then. As you recall, I've wanted him ranked higher on our lists. Not tbat they are similar players, but it was like some other player I had highly ranked when no other national publication knew his name--Kole Calhoun. We do our work here and we know our system better than just about anyone. There are reasons why pro scouts read our reports (I know for a fact that they do) and consider our rankings very seriously. 

So does the Angels brass and minor league dev people.

6 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

Playa do what a playa do, that's all.

6 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

Dave - perhaps you could casually mention that it looks like Escobar has passed his expiration date and Cowart is raking like a lawnscaper.

8 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

The first time I watched Herm was at instructs. He was still in football player mode, trying to muscle everything, from hitting to running, even throwing. He was intense. When I watched him play at Orem, there was more comfort and grace, but he was still a dead-pull hitter and raw fielder. Last season in Burlington, then San Bernardino and Arizona, I saw a guy who "gets it". He's figured his game out, the game itself had slowed down for him. He was staying back and driving the ball with authority, he was a graceful presence in the outfield that covered a ton of ground, he was athletic and smart on the base paths, but not overly aggressive. It even came out in how he carried himself. He just looks and acts like a big leaguer now.

He was a great find that late in the draft, and moreover he was a rare prep gem in an era of Dipoto led drafts that didn't draft guys like him.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Dave - perhaps you could casually mention that it looks like Escobar has passed his expiration date and Cowart is raking like a lawnscaper.

Yep, Escobar is fast sinking to under a .250 BA.  That combined with not very much plate discipline = past the due date. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

The first time I watched Herm was at instructs. He was still in football player mode, trying to muscle everything, from hitting to running, even throwing. He was intense. When I watched him play at Orem, there was more comfort and grace, but he was still a dead-pull hitter and raw fielder. Last season in Burlington, then San Bernardino and Arizona, I saw a guy who "gets it". He's figured his game out, the game itself had slowed down for him. He was staying back and driving the ball with authority, he was a graceful presence in the outfield that covered a ton of ground, he was athletic and smart on the base paths, but not overly aggressive. It even came out in how he carried himself. He just looks and acts like a big leaguer now.

He was a great find that late in the draft, and moreover he was a rare prep gem in an era of Dipoto led drafts that didn't draft guys like him.

Could Jared Foster find a similar path, having been more of a football player in college?      

Drafting higher ceiling >>>>>>>>>> drafting higher flooring. 

1 hour ago, John Smith said:

CF Troy Montgomery assigned to Inland Empire 66ers from Burlington Bees.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_trn&lid=110&sid=t401

Was only a matter of time on that one. Montgomery started cold, then found his stroke and was going to start lapping the competition. Montgomery definitely looks like someone that could be a big leaguer someday. Very underrated before the draft. Once scouts saw him in Orem and Burlington, they knew the Angels had something.

A couple things. One, I noticed that Hermosillo graduated to AA. He's struggling so far, but that's good news - I like them being a bit aggressive with him. I wonder if they're thinking about LF in 2018?

Also, who is this Troy Scribner guy? He's 25, has started three games in AAA with a 2.87 ERA and a nice 4-19 bb-k ratio in 15.2 innings.

Finally, Jaime Barria is looking really good as far as increased strikeouts. He's still young at 20 in A+, and pitching very well. I wonder if he's breaking through as a legit pitching prospect.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

A couple things. One, I noticed that Hermosillo graduated to AA. He's struggling so far, but that's good news - I like them being a bit aggressive with him. I wonder if they're thinking about LF in 2018?

Also, who is this Troy Scribner guy? He's 25, has started three games in AAA with a 2.87 ERA and a nice 4-19 bb-k ratio in 15.2 innings.

Finally, Jaime Barria is looking really good as far as increased strikeouts. He's still young at 20 in A+, and pitching very well. I wonder if he's breaking through as a legit pitching prospect.

Scribner's certainly put himself on the Angels radar. Hermosillo doesn't look like he's struggling AA so much as the hita aren't falling for him just yet. 

And Barra looks like he's going to be a starting pitcher in the majors by the time he's 22. The guys just looks like a starting pitcher. Nothing fazes the guy. Like Shoe, you can't tell I tell if he has a no hitter going or has given up 10 runs.