• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

• Chuck unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

This early in the year, I just don't buy into numbers much. Once the calendar turns to May it's time to begin investing in the numbers and performances.

K% stabilizes at 50 PA's. Thaiss is at 78 PA's and has a pretty good 16.7% K% with a below average.220 BABIP. Additionally he has an excellent 14.1% BB%. He'll be fine he's just having some bad luck.

11 hours ago, ettin said:

K% stabilizes at 50 PA's. Thaiss is at 78 PA's and has a pretty good 16.7% K% with a below average.220 BABIP. Additionally he has an excellent 14.1% BB%. He'll be fine he's just having some bad luck.

Good work. Once we reach June/July and I begin preliminary rankings I start paying a lot more attention to K%, BB% and LD%. Those are the ones that are generally unaffected by park factors. I haven't checked in on other farm systems, but I know the disparity within the Angels own farm is so stark, we're left digging to legitimize numbers.

I think the closest thing to a neutral park we have is ironically in the Cal League in San Bernardino.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:
Jeff Fletcher @JeffFletcherOCR  30m30 minutes ago
#Angels OF prospect Michael Hermosillo is now listed on the roster at AA. Hit 321/438/434 at high A. One of their more interesting prospects.

If this season really falls flat, Herm may be putting himself in place for a September call-up.

From what I was told by a couple guys in the org while in ST, they're really high on Hermosillo. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

From what I was told by a couple guys in the org while in ST, they're really high on Hermosillo. 

He got a pretty good audition during Spring Training and once he got going last year, he hasn't let up at all, carrying it right over to this year. If we're selling come July and Herm is still hot in AA, I'd love to see him get a shot in LF. At the very least, he can serve as AAA depth/4th OF at the start of 2018 and get some MLB experience this fall.

3 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

About time on Hermosillo.  His power numbers seem to be trending upward, also.  But I'd be really happy with another GA type player, a doubles machine.

Agreed. 

Honestly if he just got on base, clubbed a good share of doubles and stole some bases, I'd be elated. I think as he fills out he'll hit a few more HR's. 

Some great movement in the Angels system today. Very exciting g. I figured it was only a matter of time before Hermosillo was promoted after they moved Bo Way to AAA.

Looks like AngelsWin was ahead of the curve on Hermosillo. From my own personal experience, as soon as I saw him in the Arizona Fall League, I was sold. He's a completely different hitter than when he was drafthe ed. He's not only going to be a major leaguer, Hermosillo will be a GOOD major leaguer.

3 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Oh good news. 

Man, I'm hoping we found a diamond in the rough here with Diaz and he does well in Triple-A. 

He's thrown up goose eggs in Double-A (17 IP, 21 K's, .143 BAA)