• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

9 hours ago, KevinJ14 said:

Video? where?

I have an MiLB.tv account.  It makes it easier for me to scout Burlington, Arkansas and Orem, though admittedly there's only so much I can observe over video, and it takes watching at least a couple games worth of AB's before I truly get a handle on those players.  Salt Lake and Inland Empire prospects I'm fortunate enough to watch in person a few times a year.  When Salt Lake visits Sacramento, and when Inland Empire visits Stockton or San Jose, plus I take a yearly trip down to catch a couple Angels games and 66ers games.  It's been two years since I've been to Spring Training where I spend a few days on the minor league fields, I'm hoping to go back this next year.

54 minutes ago, John Smith said:

have recalled RHP Jose Valdez, who had been tearing it up in AAA. Corresponding move to come.

Now there's a move that probably could've happened a month earlier. 

On 8/7/2016 at 0:59 PM, TroutField said:

Anybody know anything about Jose Rojas that's playing SS in Orem? He's hitting .331 with a .943 OPS, 4 homers and 24 RBI. I found out he's from Vanguard and born in Anaheim: 

He went to Anaheim High, and Fullerton College before Vanguard.   Pretty much as local as local gets.

have an AAA reliever that touched 102 mph tonight. That's something.

11 hours ago, John Smith said:

have an AAA reliever that touched 102 mph tonight. That's something.

Wow! 

Bedrock & Middleton to close shit down in 2017. Add this Kevin Grendell kid, and damn. We may have ourselves a bullpen. 

I can't find a thing wrong with Middleton. Grendell needs to find the strike zone. Paredes needs to live somewhere other than the middle of the plate. 

But I'm guessing that by the end of the year next year, we'll have Street, Bedrock, Middleton, Morin and Alcantara lined up.

Probably. But I think they'll keep him where he is for now and have him go a full year at Burlington in 2017. I don't have an issue with that given his age. 

Let him destroy pioneer league pitching and take that confidence into next year. 

9 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Probably. But I think they'll keep him where he is for now and have him go a full year at Burlington in 2017. I don't have an issue with that given his age. 

Let him destroy pioneer league pitching and take that confidence into next year. 

I think they'll move him to A+ if he does well at Burlington.  

Cowart with another HR tonight, 3 in his last 4 games, now hitting:

.289 33 2B 9 HR 57 RBI 18 SB .346 OBP .811 OPS

At 24 and seemingly away from his A/AA struggles, it's time for him to sink or swim at the MLB level.  Quit dicking around with Giavotella/Pennington at 2B and have him audition there since Escobar will be at 3B next season.  He's played 2B at AAA can't be much worse than the offensive/defensive options there already

10 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Angels are playing it overly conservative because that's just their model for advancement. I've already voiced my displeasure over the logic, so we don't need to go there. But simply enough, I truly believe Jahmai was ready for A Ball this year.

Among position players, the Angels have strayed from their promotion schedule for only two, Trout and Calhoun. Trout skipped over Orem, spent only half a year killing every team in the Midwest League, spent very little time in the Cal League and half a season in AA. Calhoun did his customary half season in Orem and full at Inland Empire, but they skipped him up to AAA and the majors shortly thereafter.

If you're looking for any player that's truly going to be a special talent, just look for the Angels altering their promotion time. All too often we see hitters that clearly aren't challenged, but the Angels keep them right where they're at.

If Jones is in the Cal League by the end of next year, then we'll know he's the type of player even the Angels can't screw up. Same goes for Thaiss, if they move him to AA.

1 hour ago, mulwin444 said:

Cowart with another HR tonight, 3 in his last 4 games, now hitting:

.289 33 2B 9 HR 57 RBI 18 SB .346 OBP .811 OPS

At 24 and seemingly away from his A/AA struggles, it's time for him to sink or swim at the MLB level.  Quit dicking around with Giavotella/Pennington at 2B and have him audition there since Escobar will be at 3B next season.  He's played 2B at AAA can't be much worse than the offensive/defensive options there already

Still makes very little sense to me. Cowart is a good enough defender at 3B that I don't bother moving him. That's his home long term. Move Escobar to 2B. He's more of a 2B than Cowart is, which is to say neither of them are second basemen.

31 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Still makes very little sense to me. Cowart is a good enough defender at 3B that I don't bother moving him. That's his home long term. Move Escobar to 2B. He's more of a 2B than Cowart is, which is to say neither of them are second basemen.

I agree he should start at 3B, and that it's the right move, but would you envision Scioscia asking a vet like Escobar moving positions, to a place he's rarely played in 2B, in favor of a rookie?  I just don't see it.  I just figure 2B is his quickest path to the MLB where replacement level players are the only ones blocking him.