• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

17 hours ago, John Smith said:

Rivera was 86-88, mixed in changeup. No breaking ball tonight.

Bill Mitchell added,

Bill Mitchell @billazbbphotog
Nice pro debut by #Angels LHP Jerryel Rivera for AZL #Angels. Tall, lean, high-waisted. Fanned fellow PR native Heliot Ramos for 3rd out.
7:42 PM - 9 Jul 2017 from Tempe, AZ

Tall, lean and high-waisted.  

that should improve his stock for being in the SI swimsuit edition.  

1 minute ago, Scotty@AW said:

Brendan Sanger has been promoted to AA Mobile.  Beautiful left handed swing with very solid gap power and some over the fence pop.  A good athlete that could break into the majors beginning 2019.  4th round pick out of FAU. 

and he can move a little.  Not gonna steal bags when someone's watching, but has some sneaky speed.  I really believe the halos attempt to covert him to IF really messed with him last year.  He's also got some sneaky power with 10 bombs in 200 at bats.  Maybe he's just sneaky.  Sneaky Sanger.  I like it.  

41 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Adell 2-4 tonight.  double.

Chris Rodriguez 5 ip, 2h 1er, 2bb, 5k.  1 earned run and 6h with 16k in his last 15ip.  

I used to really think the Pioneer League was tough for evaluating pitchers, because of the environment.  Not so much anymore.  Fastball pitchers get lit up, and most young pitchers rely on that as their bread and butter pitch because it's what has gotten them there.  Pitchers that live up in the zone, those get hit hard as well.  But just like anywhere else, if you "know how to pitch" (sequencing, pitching backwards, locating, etc), and keep the ball down and on the corners, you're going to succeed. It's quite simple.

I've watched Chris a couple times now and I notice that his fastball is rock solid (no gun readings but 93-94 is the general consensus), but he's locating and generating some pretty silly swings and statue renditions with that slider of his.  That'll work at the lower levels, and he should climb quickly.  He'll need the change up to become an effective pitch, or otherwise develop a slow curve or cutter before AA.

3 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Brendan Sanger has been promoted to AA Mobile.  Beautiful left handed swing with very solid gap power and some over the fence pop.  A good athlete that could break into the majors beginning 2019.  4th round pick out of FAU. 

Well it's a good thing I just got an interview with him on Saturday! I'll be posting it in a little bit or in the morning. Congrats to him. 

I know college bats who mash in Rookie ball but flame out in A/A+ are a dime a dozen, but it is hard to ignore David McKinnon hitting .468 for Orem. Dude is killing the ball. Any thoughts on him?

Even though Thaiss was underwhelming, I like the promotion. Gives him a chance to adjust to AA this year, and hopefully have a great season in AA next year, with a late season promotion to AAA, even the majors.

I really hope Adell starts next year in A ball. Woud hate to see his talent hidden in Arizona for the first few months of the year before going to Orem.

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Interesting.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he does well.  

Unless they are doing what they did in Stoneman's day and keeping hitters clumped in groups, this promotion might be an indication they are considering the impact of the park on his overall performance...  His neutral park slash line was close to .300/.390/.440 .vs .240/.330/.370, at Empire...    

Will def be interesting to see how he adjusts to AA.

This is just the time of year where the organization needs to make room for the influx of talent. Guys that are hitting in Orem need to be promoted to Burlington, and to create spots for that Burlington prospects need to be moved to Inland Empire, and those guys need to move up to Burlington.

It isn't necessarily reserved for those that are killing it at their current level, more for guys that'll benefit just as much from the next level as they are the current level.

Thaiss and Sanger will be fine in AA because they weren't drowning in Advanced A Ball. It's a huge step, but they'll likely have the rest of this year and all of next to figure it out.

19 minutes ago, TroutField said:

That would be good to see, he really struggled early in the year but seems to be back to hitting the ball with authority. I started to worry about him 

Yeah, Hermosillo did too, but they've both rebounded nicely. Their trajectory to the big leagues is looking good.