• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Brandon's Marsh's pro debut is impending, as rookie league ball starts real soon.

Also hoping for Nonie Williams to take a solid step forward this season

Yep. Chris Rodriguez too.

Am I missing anyone else?

Between these three guys, it will be all eyes on the Orem Owlz. 

10 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Brandon's Marsh's pro debut is impending, as rookie league ball starts real soon.

Also hoping for Nonie Williams to take a solid step forward this season

So what have they've been doing for the last year?

11 hours ago, nando714 said:

So what have they've been doing for the last year?

Tweeting, eating In n Out, hitting the gym, returning home as local heroes with professional athlete physique and bedding every girl from high school that was too cool for them before....

Yeah, I've talked to a few prospects about life in extended ST.

On 6/2/2017 at 4:37 PM, John Smith said:

Top 2016-17 signing: 

mark of $175,000 was the highest they went on any individual player in this signing period, and they did it twice.

For $175,000, the Angels signed 17-year-old Dominican lefthander Andersson Espinal on July 2. He’s 6-foot-1, 170 pounds with a clean, easy delivery and throws a high percentage of strikes. His fastball is still a projection, touching 88 mph right now, but he has a big-breaking curveball with tight spin and advanced feel to pitch for his age. Espinal trained with Chiqui Mejia.

In December, the Angels signed Dominican righthander Faustino Antigua for $175,000. Antigua has a bigger frame (6-foot-5, 185 pounds) and velocity than Espinal, reaching 92 mph with a lively fastball. He’s tall and skinny with good break on his curveball and the physical projection to throw hard, though he will have to throw more strikes as he moves up the ladder. Antigua trained with Alberto Barjan and Lucas Garcia.

Dominican RHP Stiward Aquino, who signed for $100K back in December. He’s 6’6 tall and weighs 175 lbs...and he’s seventeen years old.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/international-reviews-los-angeles-angels-2/#r60uHqOv7pmwJl3k.97

Stiward has pitched in two games for the DSL Angels:
9 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 HR, 1 BB, 14 K

Manny Banuelos is turning things around since jumping to the pen. 
In his last 10 games, 22.1 IP, 20 H, 8 ER, 8 BB, 25 K, 3.22 ERA

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Stiward has pitched in two games for the DSL Angels:
9 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 HR, 1 BB, 14 K

Manny Banuelos is turning things around since jumping to the pen. 
In his last 10 games, 22.1 IP, 20 H, 8 ER, 8 BB, 25 K, 3.22 ERA

Banuelos keeps throwing the ball like he did last night and he'll be in the Angels rotation very soon.

A serious question about Matt Thais. I haven't had time to get out to see the IE66ers yet (Little League, All-Stars, and work), but that should all wrap up this weekend. So, I'm wondering from those of you who have been out there to see him--how much of his lack of production has to do with the lack of protection he's getting in the lineup? Are the other teams just able to pitch around him so he isn't getting that many pitches to drive? If anyone has some insight, I'd be interested to know.

44 minutes ago, Dave Saltzer said:

A serious question about Matt Thais. I haven't had time to get out to see the IE66ers yet (Little League, All-Stars, and work), but that should all wrap up this weekend. So, I'm wondering from those of you who have been out there to see him--how much of his lack of production has to do with the lack of protection he's getting in the lineup? Are the other teams just able to pitch around him so he isn't getting that many pitches to drive? If anyone has some insight, I'd be interested to know.

@Brent Maguire may know...

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Brent Maguire may know...

He's been very easy to pitch against from what I've seen. Lots of stuff pulled to the right side and teams have shifted him a bit. I think he'll end up being fine but he's not as good as many Angels fans may think IMO. Lots of pressure on him to hit for average and get on base due to his defensive profile. 

2 hours ago, Brent Maguire said:

He's been very easy to pitch against from what I've seen. Lots of stuff pulled to the right side and teams have shifted him a bit. I think he'll end up being fine but he's not as good as many Angels fans may think IMO. Lots of pressure on him to hit for average and get on base due to his defensive profile. 

So he is yanking everything. To be fair, he's still getting on.

59 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

So he is yanking everything. To be fair, he's still getting on.

Thaiss brings a good approach to the plate every at bat. He has a great mind. My concern is his swing isn't geared to get the ball in the air much, meaning he's probably a 15-20 HR guy, which puts so much pressure on the BA/OBP. I have no doubt he's a big leaguer but I'm not sure he'll be the impact everyday 1B that many are hoping for. 

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

In other words, Thaiss was more of a "draft him for signability in order to draft a great prospect with the 2nd round pick" kind of guy?

At least Eppler didn't do cartwheels over drafting Thaiss, like Dipeutered did over drafting Ward.

Not necessarily. I mean yes, Thaiss did sign for under slot, but he was likely to go around pick 20-25, so it wasn't that big of an over draft. If Thaiss were in this draft class, he likely would've gone Top 10, because his numbers and projection pretty much mirror those of his former teammates Pavin Smith and Adam Haseley, at offensively.