• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

Yeah I kinda figured Jeff's next article would be about Baldoquin when he said the next wouldn't be as positive. And in all fairness, there are some nice aspects to his game, he's a very capable defender, he just rushes his throws. He does have a nice line drive stroke and is a smart, determined kid off the field. I just haven't seen anything even remotely resembling his ceiling yet.

25 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Yeah I kinda figured Jeff's next article would be about Baldoquin when he said the next wouldn't be as positive. And in all fairness, there are some nice aspects to his game, he's a very capable defender, he just rushes his throws. He does have a nice line drive stroke and is a smart, determined kid off the field. I just haven't seen anything even remotely resembling his ceiling yet.

or maybe you have and that's the problem.  nothing translates. 

par for the course with Dipoto and his team.  

A solid indicator of Scott Servais capability as a talent evaluator is the fact that he's a manager now.  When someone is talented in a certain aspect of the game, they progress in that area.  They don't suddenly get put inside a dugout.  Or at least it doesn't make sense that they would.  

Baldoquin was a mistake and we have to move on.  If he ends up turning a corner at some point then it will be very unexpected and a nice surprise.  

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ettin said:

Top Cuban prospect Luis Robert has left his home country: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/01/prospect-luis-robert-leaves-cuba.html

Power hitter with good bat speed and plays the outfield. Would be a nice reboot piece to our future farm system I think.

Makes more sense than signing the mid 30s age Bautista.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Fregosi said:

Appreciate you getting back.  Really enjoy the insight of the articles. 

You're not the only one wondering. 

I got a call from the Angels today. Jack Howell (ex-Angel) was wondering why the rankings stopped as he was really enjoying them and sharing them with the minor leaguers down on the farm. 

Testament of the solid work from @Scotty@AW and others here that pour into our minor league content. 

14 hours ago, arch stanton said:

While I agree with that sentiment I guess we should note that Jam is also a Dipoto pick. One that came after the defense-first catcher that's nowhere to be found on the list

Jam was a shocking Dipeutered pick, actually a high ceiling one.   Of course, the first rounder that year was also a total high floor pick.  

something odd here.  Only 20 years old and posted a 1.86 era in rookie ball as a 19yo last year.  Signed as a 16yo out of Australia by the yanks (duh).  Seems a little weird that the yanks would release him so soon.  

Eppler and his team sure keep their ear to the rail.