• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

12 hours ago, John Smith said:

It's both awesome and sad that this roster is almost our full Top 30 Prospects.
Awesome that we have enough to fill out a roster now, but sad that this is almost the entire list - and they're in instructs. 

Still, huge, huge progress by Eppler and Co.!

14 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Nice to see D'Shawn Knowles and Trent Deveaux finally show up somewhere. Knowles is 16 years old - born in 2001!

14 hours ago, Lou said:

wtf? 

Dominican? 

13 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

He's one of the kids from the Bahamas.

They signed them both as a pair so that every week on Wednesday, which is karaoke night in the clubhouse, they can sing a duet to Bahamian Rhapsody.

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

If he opts out, which he may very well do, this was a disastrous trade. 

No doubt...  But, like the Greinke trade which I was in favor of, it gave us a chance to bolster our team's chances at winning. 

Sometimes you gotta roll the dice. 

4 hours ago, stormngt said:

Never heard anything from you guys about Elvin Rodriguez.  Hiw is he such a huge price to pay?

I've had a bit of time to think about this and although I liked his chances of having a Major League impact and perhaps even excelling for a period of time I do not think this is as tremendous a loss as some of us are taking it. If he can't get out of the high 80's/lower 90's his career arc will be limited. If he does add on some velocity he will likely be above average but not a star. Finally the fact that Eppler was willing to part with him probably says a lot more about the trade than most of us care to realize.

I thought he was an interesting guy but I do not think we will be lamenting this loss much in the future. Besides he was not going to help us in the Trout window in all likelihood.

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

If you page back through this thread, you'll see some nice comments.  

I was high on him, probably more than most but, I'm okay with with the deal still.   Like I said a few pages back... this is likely the first time in a very long time where we have an actual grouping of 18/19 year old pitchers with upside -- we were legitimately in a position to jump at something.  It will sting if and when Upton opts out, but I think the trade sent the right message to fans and players alike.  

Its a long shot but hopefully Upton chooses to stay.

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I was high on him, probably more than most but, I'm okay with with the deal still.   Like I said a few pages back... this is likely the first time in a very long time where we have an actual grouping of 18/19 year old pitchers with upside -- we were legitimately in a position to jump at something.  It will sting if and when Upton opts out, but I think the trade sent the right message to fans and players alike.  

Its a long shot but hopefully Upton chooses to stay.

^