• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 Major League Baseball Thread

NrM

4 hours ago, TooCool said:

Leave it to the Giants, their bitter rivals to help them get back on the win column...

I'm heading to bed. I hope to wake up to see them with another big fat loss in the morning.

Never fear, the Dogs struggles continue with an 8-6 loss to the Giants.

16 losses in 17 games

Don't look now Dogs, but the Nats are only 3.5 games back and the Indians are just 4 games back for best record.

20 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Dodger game ended at 2:10 am with another loss, their 11th in a row. Worst losing streak since the team arrived in Los Angeles in 1958.

The second rain delay was almost three hours long, and the game resumed at 10:50 pm in the top of the first inning.

I hate the Dodgers as much as the next guy, but this rain delay stuff with games resuming in the first inning nearly 4 hours after the game is supposed to start isn't good for baseball, or these teams.  What are the odds this game means anything at the end of the season.  Sure if the Dodgers lose 16 of their last 19 it might mean something, but at some point they are going to win a few games.  

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I hate the Dodgers as much as the next guy, but this rain delay stuff with games resuming in the first inning nearly 4 hours after the game is supposed to start isn't good for baseball, or these teams.  What are the odds this game means anything at the end of the season.  Sure if the Dodgers lose 16 of their last 19 it might mean something, but at some point they are going to win a few games.  

You shouldn't assume everyone here hates the Dodgers 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

They continued played last night because the two teams couldn't agree on when to play a make up game. The Dodgers obviously didn't have a problem with it, so why is it bad for baseball or the teams? If they were truly concerned, they could have agreed to a make up day. 

Also, this game has a very good chance of meaning something in regards to which team gets home field advantage in the playoffs 

10 hours ago, TooCool said:

Leave it to the Giants, their bitter rivals to help them get back on the win column...

I'm heading to bed. I hope to wake up to see them with another big fat loss in the morning.

Congrats.

not even scoring the most runs in a game in a month could carry the dogs to a win.  

they lost to the Giants, who had been out scored 21-2 in their last 2 games by the CWS, the worst team in the AL. 

Phillies thought they had a walk-off win in the 9th and were celebrating on the field, then the call was overturned and the runner ruled out at the plate.

In the 15th inning, they did walk off with a double.

Rhys Hoskins had two more home runs, giving him 16 in only 112 at-bats since his career started on August 12th. Insane.

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

LOL at Nick Hundley of the Giants against Jansen last night in the 9th with the bases loaded and two outs.

Three swinging strikes and that's the ballgame. Hundley is now 0-10 vs Jansen with 10 strikeouts. You'd think Bochy might have tried a pinch-hitter in that situation, down two runs? Nope.

Lol Jensen is the best closer in the game