• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 Major League Baseball Thread

NrM

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

That escalated quickly.

I envisioned a long drawn out back and forth, if I dared to ask how anyone could give the Dodgers and Cubs equal status as a team to be despised....and decided to skip all that and just take the upcoming discussion to it's logical, and forgone, conclusion.

Skip all the BS and the popcorn eating GIFs.

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It's too bad that there weren't any crazy WC tiebreakers.    B-o-r-I-n-g

I thought there would be at least 1 play in game this season. That siad, I get the feeling there are going to be some crazy, epic, games in these playoffs.

Aside from the Cubs, there really isn't a dominating pitching staff going into October baseball, which I'm hoping will lead to some high scoring and late inning affairs with series going to 5 and 7 games.

40 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I envisioned a long drawn out back and forth, if I dared to ask how anyone could give the Dodgers and Cubs equal status as a team to be despised....and decided to skip all that and just take the upcoming discussion to it's logical, and forgone, conclusion.

Skip all the BS and the popcorn eating GIFs.

#triggered

35 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Aside from the Cubs, there really isn't a dominating pitching staff going into October baseball, which I'm hoping will lead to some high scoring and late inning affairs with series going to 5 and 7 games.

Cleveland has a pretty stout pitching staff.  But man are they green when it comes to playoff experience when compared to the Cubbies' arms.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Cleveland has a pretty stout pitching staff.  But man are they green when it comes to playoff experience when compared to the Cubbies' arms.

I'm not up on The Tribe at all...I'm going to have to bone up on them real soon. For some reason I didn't watch any AL Central games this season that I can recall. (Probably because I didn't watch many Angel games after April.)

Cleveland's downside is losing Carrasco for the entire post-season, and also not being sure of Salazar's status.

With those two, they are my AL favorites.    Francona has had great post-season success though, and they have a solid pen anchored by Miller, Allen, Otero, and Shaw.   These AL playoffs are such a crap shoot, that I wouldn't be surprised if the Indians still won the AL pennant. 

If the Indians have a lead after 6 innings, its going to be tough for BOS.  BOS has the bats to matchup against CLE and have the edge in SP with Procello/Price vs Kubler/Bauer but BOS's BP is nothing special.  

If the Indians can win game 1 with Bauer over Porcello, they'll have the advantage the rest of the series.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Tanaka's in trouble already in the first inning. One run in for the Rays and runners at first and third with one out.

Baseball has begun!

Terrible replay call in the first. It's obvious that even with replays they can't get it right.

• Chuck unpinned this topic