• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 Major League Baseball Thread

NrM

5 hours ago, m0nkey said:

They just lost Adam Eaton for the year.  Tough loss

The Angels and Nationals seem to be acquainted in trade discussions. I wonder if we offered up one of Revere (who they are familiar with but may not want back) or Maybin along with one of our backup MIF for Wilmer Difo would they do it?

They have Rendon, Turner, and Murphy in their middle infield for the next couple of years at least so it's not a totally wild idea. Difo can supposedly play any MIF position but profiles best at 2B and is a switch-hitter with good contact skills. Just a thought it'll never happen but losing Eaton must really bite the Nationals hide. Notably we have some backup OF types doing well in the Minors such as Eric Young and Shane Robinson so it's not like we're going to be depleted depth-wise.

1 hour ago, Kody Mac said:

Rendon is 6-6 with 3 hr 10 RBIs 5 runs.... Have a game why don't you?! Jesus!

Rendon is one of those guys that while having a really good career I still can't help but think he's going to be a lot better.   He's always got some nagging injury dragging him down -- been that way since college.

I know all eyes are on Harper but Rendon might finally be breaking out and it could be huge for them..     Wonder how much SD wishes it could take back the Trear Turner trade...

On 4/29/2017 at 0:46 PM, Tyler said:

P Zach Eflin going tonight, P Nick Pivetta making his ML debut tomorrow. Both games up the freeway in LA. Time to get a good look for Cron.

Phils? For Cron? I don't see it. They have a lot of 1B/DH types, as well as some COF prospects that could shift over.

Cron, nor Marte, have done anything to give themselves any trade value once Valbuena returns. We're better off keeping them in bench/minors this year and letting them fall into place when Escobar's out of the picture.

41 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Phils? For Cron? I don't see it. They have a lot of 1B/DH types, as well as some COF prospects that could shift over.

Cron, nor Marte, have done anything to give themselves any trade value once Valbuena returns. We're better off keeping them in bench/minors this year and letting them fall into place when Escobar's out of the picture.

Perhaps. But my thinking was Klentak's familiarity with Angels players, plus Philly hitters ball park. Joseph, Stassi ain't getting it done. They are littered with OF prospects with really only Hoskins as 1b type. Kendrick could possibly fill in at first if he gets healthy. 

Cron is better used as a trade chip over playing in the minors... by the time next year rolls around Thaiss will be ready. Move him for pitching to wherever--just felt Philly might be where we can get the most in return.

Rangers placed LHP Cole Hamels on the 10-day disabled list with a strained right oblique. Hamels was scratched from his scheduled start Tuesday night against the Astros after experiencing tightness in his right side and an MRI taken Wednesday confirmed that he's dealing with an oblique strain. He's expected to miss at least eight weeks.

On 5/3/2017 at 6:19 PM, nando714 said:

Drafted him very late in fantasy. Paying off big time 

Judge is a beast. Because he's a Fresno State kid...he gets a lot of play where I live.

13 homers in 26 games...pretty amazing.

Edited by Homebrewer

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Wanted to post this, but didn't want to make a thread so putting it here..      I had no idea this was ever a thing...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=bogues001tyr

Dude played baseball!!   I never knew.....

lol..1 game in A ball 2 PAs and 2 Ks...called it a career.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Wanted to post this, but didn't want to make a thread so putting it here..      I had no idea this was ever a thing...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=bogues001tyr

Dude played baseball!!   I never knew.....

Who pitched in that game?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=curry-001war

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/05/04/122269874/dell-curry-father-of-stephen-curry-once-played-in-an-milb-game-alongside-muggsy-bogues