• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Man Thread

Eric, I love that post. Home Depot can go **** itself, mainly because I blame them when I buy the wrong fix it shit. How can they not tell me the right stuff to buy when I give them very shitty non technical terms for what I am trying to accomplish? And when they talk back to me for verification using technical terms, I don't want them to think I have no idea what they are talking about so I say, "yea, the flux capacitor" and I end up not fixing the lights and coming back.

well there's your problem, sparky. the flux capacitor is designed to work inside, not outside where your pretty-boy lights are located.

I'm picking up new sod for the backyard on Saturday. I went to YouTube to learn how to prep the ground and lay it down. It's a small Lawn area so I'm not too worried.

Here is a simple tip for laying in new sod for that fresh new lawn the family and friends will enjoy.

Green side up.

You're welcome.

Eric, I love that post. Home Depot can go **** itself, mainly because I blame them when I buy the wrong fix it shit. How can they not tell me the right stuff to buy when I give them very shitty non technical terms for what I am trying to accomplish? And when they talk back to me for verification using technical terms, I don't want them to think I have no idea what they are talking about so I say, "yea, the flux capacitor" and I end up not fixing the lights and coming back.

Your problem starts the second you ask them questions expecting to get a quality answer.

You're basically dealing with retail store caliber employees who are working at a home improvement box store. Same goes for chains that sell car parts, those places are the worst. I can't tell you how many times I order something or buy something from them, and it's either wrong immediately when I open the box at the store, or when I get home and it's the wrong freakin' part. There are some guys who know what they're doing, but most of them don't know shit!

I am no longer an accountant

Why hello there fellow previous accountant. It's crazy, I went to school, got a Bachelors degree, worked hard as hell to get an accounting job, did the whole apply, resume, cover letter, interview route for about six months. Frustrating time to say the least, but very rewarding when I got hired for $20/Hour (entry level job). Sitting in 45 minute traffic morning and evenings, same office, same work, same people every freakin' day. I tried to fool myself into thinking it was something I wanted, but I couldn't stand it, and I quit a year later.

Now I am making almost 3 times what I was making at a job I didn't even need a degree for. Different people every day, different locations, different schedules, a day off during the week. I love it.

Strange how things work out.

So I redid my yard over the winter.  But a big portion of it isn't growing in like I hoped. 

Googled it and found nothing. So I've been trying to save the landscaping.  One section looks like I might have saved it.  But the bigger portion is still on life support. 

Then I googled weedcloths.  And found that that might be my problems.  So cut the weedcloth out of a few sections, and hoping the groundcover will just flourish.  And if it does, then have to cut out the weedcloth in the rest of my yard, and probably have to start pull weeds in the meantime. 

Ok, maybe not manly, but man, I want my yard to not be the joke of the street.