• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Justice delayed is...

...better than no justice at all. About five years ago, I hired a man who passed himself off as a licensed contractor to install a set of French doors leading to my back yard. He had done a couple of other repairs and he had done a good job. My wife wrote him a check for $1,200 for the patio door installation. The check was cashed the same day. He stopped answering his phone and he basically disappeared. I contacted the Nevada State Contractors Board and I found out that he had in fact been a licensed contractor at one time, but the Board had revoked his license about four years earlier. The investigator was quite familiar with him. Originally I had put in an inquiry to a website for a contractor, and this guy contacted me within a few hours of my inquiry.

I had pretty much given up on anything ever happening with this. Today in the mail I got a subpoena from the District Attorney to appear in court on April 12 as a witness for the state in his prosecution for fraud, embezzlement, unlawful acts as a contractor, engaging in business without a contractor's license and unlawfully advertising as a contractor.

Yes, Mr. Wolfson, it would be my distinct honor to testify against this thieving little weasel. However, if you give me about ten minutes in a room alone with him, I will save the court's valuable time.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Any more, I use Angie's List to help me vet contractors. It's not a guarantee of a good job, but I have been very pleased with probably 80 percent of the people who I have hired. At least I know that I am hiring legitimate businesses and not thieves like the guy who I hired five years ago.

We hot burned once by some Armenian painters when we lived in Altadena. They contracted to strip the texture coat off our house and paint it but after two days they said the job was too hard and skipped taking half the money we had given up front.

They did leave behind paint striper, the Sears house paint, some brushes and a good quality extension ladder. That was 30 years ago and we still have those asshole's ladder.

We hand stripped the entire house ourselves. For Jonathan, your lazy ass welfare bitches never put in the work we did on our first house on a nickel and dime budget while we both had full time jobs and cared for our first born. I worked nights, she worked days and we did a complete home makeover instead of collecting food stamps and drinking beer while watching jeopardy.

It was work for almost three straight years, most just labor, some was with stuff we could afford like hinges for doors, new drywall or thirty feet of pipe and couplings to replace a broken water main to the street.

Afterwards we sold the house to buy a better one to take care of my growing family and we haven't been ****ed over by a contactor since. In fact we have a list of trusted electricians, plumbers and drywall experts that stand by their work.

Ream this guy Vegas. At least get a good ladder out of it.

Edited by notti

Ream this guy Vegas. At least get a good ladder out of it.

Unfortunately, he didn't leave behind anything of value. All I got out of it was his business card, the ticket that he wrote up, a copy of the check that he cashed and copies of the report that I filed with the Contractors Board.

I just wonder how many more people he has ripped off in the five years that have passed since he took my money. I have a feeling that I will meet some of them a week from Tuesday.

However, if you give me about ten minutes in a room alone with him, I will save the court's valuable time.

From what you were describing.  I think ten minutes in a room at where you work might be more worth it.  Just be sporty about it, and let him pick the "room" number. 

But good for you.  Go get him.  And remember to get your sob story for the judge all polished up so he won't go light on him.