• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What was I thinking?

After long soul-searching I have come to the conclusion that I was completely deluded. I mean we're all deluded, but I was really deluded. I was taken in by Bernie and before him other progressive icons. I believed in something that I now realize is not only a fool's dream, but against the core values of what America is about: competition, freedom for myself even at the expense of others, and making as much money as possible (again, even at the expense of others). Those are the values that I want to instill in my daughters, who I will immediately withdraw from Waldorf school.

In the process I have thrown out all of my Howard Zinn and Noam Chomsky books, my Michael Moore and Oliver Stone documentaries, and replaced them with the fine works of Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman and, of course, a pristine copy of the Reagan biography. I am deleting my bookmarks to the Young Turks, Huffington Post and the Daily Kos, un-following Susan Sarandon on Facebook, and no longer will I watch Bill Maher.

Instead I will intently study every single excellent article on Reason.com, because I now realize that Libertarianism is the only true, unbiased, rational way of seeing the world. I am tearing down my Martin Luther King poster, pulling off my Che Guevara tee-shirt, and placing a framed photo of Ron Paul above my desk, and buying a tee-shirt that reads "I used to be a liberal, then I grew up."

I have come to realize that philosophy, literature, art, music, and psychology are nothing but worthless distractions. The only fields that matter are science, technology, law and business. Oh yes, and insurance--the most noble of all industries.

I will quietly watch and learn from those who are more experienced and learned in the ways of the world. You know who you are - you have taught me so much, you have been showing the way all along and I have just been so blind. Can you possibly forgive me?

Gary Johnson or bust!

if I success or you succeed it isn't at the expense of others unless you succeeded by stealing from others. Also if you make a lot of money and decide to save that money or invest it or give it to charity, it isn't at the expense of others, you were just better.

If you succeed and feel guilty for it then I'm truly sorry that something in your life made you that way.

Edited by Stradling

I was for years, but missed cheese. And then I was vegetarian and started craving meat. Now I'm mostly vegetarian, but will occasionally eat fish or chicken, and once in a blue moon have a burger.

In case you were curious.

But with me turning over a new leaf, I'm thinking that I should only eat meat and potatoes from now on. Maybe that will fuel me towards a more conservative outlook.

After long soul-searching I have come to the conclusion that I was completely deluded. I mean we're all deluded, but I was really deluded. I was taken in by Bernie and before him other progressive icons. I believed in something that I now realize is not only a fool's dream, but against the core values of what America is about: competition, freedom for myself even at the expense of others, and making as much money as possible (again, even at the expense of others). Those are the values that I want to instill in my daughters, who I will immediately withdraw from Waldorf school.

In the process I have thrown out all of my Howard Zinn and Noam Chomsky books, my Michael Moore and Oliver Stone documentaries, and replaced them with the fine works of Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman and, of course, a pristine copy of the Reagan biography. I am deleting my bookmarks to the Young Turks, Huffington Post and the Daily Kos, un-following Susan Sarandon on Facebook, and no longer will I watch Bill Maher.

Instead I will intently study every single excellent article on Reason.com, because I now realize that Libertarianism is the only true, unbiased, rational way of seeing the world. I am tearing down my Martin Luther King poster, pulling off my Che Guevara tee-shirt, and placing a framed photo of Ron Paul above my desk, and buying a tee-shirt that reads "I used to be a liberal, then I grew up."

I have come to realize that philosophy, literature, art, music, and psychology are nothing but worthless distractions. The only fields that matter are science, technology, law and business. Oh yes, and insurance--the most noble of all industries.

I will quietly watch and learn from those who are more experienced and learned in the ways of the world. You know who you are - you have taught me so much, you have been showing the way all along and I have just been so blind. Can you possibly forgive me?

Gary Johnson or bust!

MLK.jpg

AJ, when I was in my office at 5:00 a.m. today working, I started thinking that I don't do enough for others and I should pay more in taxes. Surely, they were all up working at 5:00 a.m. too. I wondered how my brain would handle getting to work by 4:00 a.m. instead of 5:00 a.m., so I could work more to help fund someone else's college education (while still paying off my own loan debt). I thought about how my neck hurts so much from being hunched over reading for so long - free health care would have come in handy if there was a chiropractor open that early.

Don't come to this side dude. Keep hoping Bernie gets elected so I can keep working to fund the dream. Think progress.

AJ, when I was in my office at 5:00 a.m. today working, I started thinking that I don't do enough for others and I should pay more in taxes. Surely, they were all up working at 5:00 a.m. too. I wondered how my brain would handle getting to work by 4:00 a.m. instead of 5:00 a.m., so I could work more to help fund someone else's college education (while still paying off my own loan debt). I thought about how my neck hurts so much from being hunched over reading for so long - free health care would have come in handy if there was a chiropractor open that early.

Don't come to this side dude. Keep hoping Bernie gets elected so I can keep working to fund the dream. Think progress.

Waking up at 5 sucks donkey balls. Being at work at 5 swallows.

5066889.jpg