• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

John McCain: Salute to a Communist

This is an excellent obit written by John McCain.

In all seriousness, it is a really good short read.  McCain has character and class.  I really wish things went differently in 08... If he had picked anyone other than that bimbo for VP he probably would have won.  I think we would have been much better off these last 8 years with him.

McCain had zero chance in 2008 after 8 years of Bush...he picked Palin as a hail mary to try and poach some Clinton primary supporters. To borrow a line from the talking yam...Obama could have shot someone on 5th avenue and still been elected.

McCain is a politician through and through...his maverick stance is utter bullshit and a media creation...hell, look at how he bootlicked for Bush after the racist campaign they ran against him in South Carolina. Watch how he cozies up to Trump, even after Trump called him a coward and questioned his integrity.

What I remember most from McCain's campaign is his inability to deal with crisis...how he suspended his campaign because of the financial crisis and rushed back to DC to sit on his hands...and how he famously proclaimed we were all Georgians...though I'll be damned if I remember why we were all part of some backwards ass country in the far flung reaches of the former Soviet Union.

I respect McCain for his service...I even respected McCain when he ran the first time...before he either realized he would never be president with his mavericky attitude or stop pretending to be one.

This is an excellent obit written by John McCain.

In all seriousness, it is a really good short read.  McCain has character and class.  I really wish things went differently in 08... If he had picked anyone other than that bimbo for VP he probably would have won.  I think we would have been much better off these last 8 years with him.

It would have been like eight more years of Bush, only with the specter of Caribou Barbie sitting a heartbeat away from the White House. The voters made the right choice.

Well, with McCain there wouldn't have been an email server controversy. He didn't know how to use it. He was exposed in that campaign as being not only out of touch both in daily use of technology 8 year olds master but also ignorance of foriegn policy, not knowing Shiite from Sunni. Then he doubles down and hired people so incompetant that they vetted a bimbo for his running mate. The Republicans gave a Junior Senator with no practical experience the keys to the White House playing the seniority game instead of producing a relevant candidate.

Edited by notti

I thought Rudy Giuliani would have been a very good president. I liked his leadership style. He blew it in '08 by not taking the beginning of the campaign very seriously, and then it was too late to catch up.

I liked McCain in 2000. Thought he was too old in '08.

I thought Rudy Giuliani would have been a very good president. I liked his leadership style. He blew it in '08 by not taking the beginning of the campaign very seriously, and then it was too late to catch up.

Meh. He was cheating on his wife back then and the GOP bigwigs couldn't handle that.

He seems like an attention whore to me anyway. I'll give him credit for cleaning up Times Square though.

I liked McCain in 2000. Thought he was too old in '08.

Rudy "9/11" Giuliani. Another warmongering republican who masturbates to the memory of one of the worst events in American history. He would have been way worse than Obama getting us into more unnecessary crap overseas.

Rudy "9/11" Giuliani. Another warmongering republican who masturbates to the memory of one of the worst events in American history. He would have been way worse than Obama getting us into more unnecessary crap overseas.

disagree with you completely about more unnecessary crap overseas, and not really sure what you're basing it on.

the common thing that i have greatly disliked with our last two presidents is the ability to lead. giuliani had that talent in spades. i believe he also would have surrounded himself with very good people, something good leaders do well. we haven't seen that from dubya or barry.