• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels offseason in review MLBTR

I'll decide after we see how Nava and Giavotella does. I think Simmons will be just fine so I don't worry about him. I do worry that we are using band aids out in left and we didn't address the pen or 2nd base. I guess we will see. I too am optimistic about Nava. I like the Escobar deal.

I gave it a D.....didn't like the Simmons trade (still don't) and totally staying out of the FA market, stateside and international, with no help on the way from the minors, pretty much has us treading water or worse.....Haven't been this discouraged since the Disney/Jackie Autry days.....but we'll see....it's a whole new ballgame in less than 2 weeks...

who are we grading?  the org as a whole?  eppler? 

overall, they get a D+/C-

Arte's F brings everything down.  His golden goose will pack the seats so winning has become secondary to merely being 'competitive'.  He didn't want to spend money to improve the team because he likely wouldn't see any financial benefit from doing so.  So I don't blame him, but I don't have to like it. 

Eppler gets a B-.  He got a nice high value player in Simmons but probably could have given up less to do so.  He used what little currency we had on a position that was filled for a year.  But it was about the player more than the position.  Simmons has upside with the bat too.  maybe.  He improved the bench and hopefully a bunch of his minor league FA that are in spring will stay with the team in AAA so we have some depth.  I like his under the radar moves so far but they really are all just a crapshoot.  Choi, Guerra, Alburquerque, Nava, Gentry, etal.  The Escobar deal is fine I guess.  As long as Yunel is closer to last year than the year before that.  But he's a butcher at 3b.  Which means that we could have two of the worst infielders in baseball on either side of the best.  

I like a lot of his philosophical changes and kumbaya happy crap.  

The next big test is the draft.  

I gave it a D.....didn't like the Simmons trade (still don't) and totally staying out of the FA market, stateside and international, with no help on the way from the minors, pretty much has us treading water or worse.....Haven't been this discouraged since the Disney/Jackie Autry days.....but we'll see....it's a whole new ballgame in less than 2 weeks...

But, on a side note... This SPT seemed more like 1992 than 2016 with the Minor Leaguers in camp! 

Who is that dude?......

I'll decide after we see how Nava and Giavotella does. I think Simmons will be just fine so I don't worry about him. I do worry that we are using band aids out in left and we didn't address the pen or 2nd base. I guess we will see. I too am optimistic about Nava. I like the Escobar deal.

I agree re Nava. If Nava/Gentry combine to slash /.260/.340/.360, I'll too my cap to Eppler.