• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Montana Pro's

I spent a year at King Salmon. I saw all 40 houses and both bars. Did some fishing, got bit by insects, froze my ass off, got bit by insects, drank gallons of beer, froze my ass off, got bit by insects, ate some caribou and moose, made it all the way through Super Mario, saw some bears at Brooks camp, drank some more, got bit some more, froze my ass off some more, then left.

You left out a lot of getting bit by insects before leaving. Something people in SoCal never really experience. If you go to Montana you will be bit by not only misquitos but horse flies as well.

One year my best friend and I went to Montana to fish and brought along his .22 just for a distraction when there was a break in mid afternoon. Being law abiding we asked the locals where the nearest shooting range was and they tell us not far out of Hamilton and up Blodgett Creek.

Funny assholes.

We drive up Blodgett Camp Road which splits off to Blodgett Road and Blodgett Way and then just Blodgett to Blodget Creek (no water), what kind of assholes name every dirt road the same thing? We only found the range by accident.

So we unload the car, set up on a bench, put out targets and begin plinking away right up until I get bit hard in the lower back by a horse fly. This damn thing was bee sized and wouldn't relent, in fact had his little gang of biting bastards come join the fun. So we abandon the range with the intent of getting even.

Back down Blodgett, turn on Bodgett, left, left and right in more Blodgetts to the main highway to the local gun store. Not for bug spray but .22 shot shells. Then back up the Blodgetts only having to backtrack once by taking the wrong Blodgett (jackasses) and back to the range where we set out some bait in the form of a piece of a sandwhich and waited. Didn't take long before we were getting bit again, the little bastards ignored the free food. Didn't matter, once the flying jackasses landed we were ready.

It's not quite the same as skeet shooting. You aim but if you are too close the shot can miss. Too far and it spreads too wide and misses. So we went through half a box before getting our first confirmed kill. The flies in the mean time were kicking our ass, bite and run and we certainly were not going to play the William Tell game. Eventualy we got the hang of it and my buddy took a couple down in flight. The wood benches, tables, posts and sunshade were all peppered but not much worse for wear when the great Blodgett Horsefly Massacre was over.

You go to Montana, expect insect bites.

Edited by notti

100% DEET is the only way to go in those places. Few outsiders know that The Mosquito is the state bird of Alaska.

And there are only 2 real seasons up there, Winter and Road Construction (Lived in Anchorage (Spenard) for a few years back in another life.

As for bars on the Peninsula..I heard the Bird House burned down? 

I spent a year at King Salmon. I saw all 40 houses and both bars. Did some fishing, got bit by insects, froze my ass off, got bit by insects, drank gallons of beer, froze my ass off, got bit by insects, ate some caribou and moose, made it all the way through Super Mario, saw some bears at Brooks camp, drank some more, got bit some more, froze my ass off some more, then left.

alright, youve got our attention....what happens at the end of super mario

You left out a lot of getting bit by insects before leaving. Something people in SoCal never really experience. If you go to Montana you will be bit by not only misquitos but horse flies as well.

One year my best friend and I went to Montana to fish and brought along his .22 just for a distraction when there was a break in mid afternoon. Being law abiding we asked the locals where the nearest shooting range was and they tell us not far out of Hamilton and up Blodgett Creek.

Funny assholes.

We drive up Blodgett Camp Road which splits off to Blodgett Road and Blodgett Way and then just Blodgett to Blodget Creek (no water), what kind of assholes name every dirt road the same thing? We only found the range by accident.

So we unload the car, set up on a bench, put out targets and begin plinking away right up until I get bit hard in the lower back by a horse fly. This damn thing was bee sized and wouldn't relent, in fact had his little gang of biting bastards come join the fun. So we abandon the range with the intent of getting even.

Back down Blodgett, turn on Bodgett, left, left and right in more Blodgetts to the main highway to the local gun store. Not for bug spray but .22 shot shells. Then back up the Blodgetts only having to backtrack once by taking the wrong Blodgett (jackasses) and back to the range where we set out some bait in the form of a piece of a sandwhich and waited. Didn't take long before we were getting bit again, the little bastards ignored the free food. Didn't matter, once the flying jackasses landed we were ready.

It's not quite the same as skeet shooting. You aim but if you are too close the shot can miss. Too far and it spreads too wide and misses. So we went through half a box before getting our first confirmed kill. The flies in the mean time were kicking our ass, bite and run and we certainly were not going to play the William Tell game. Eventualy we got the hang of it and my buddy took a couple down in flight. The wood benches, tables, posts and sunshade were all peppered but not much worse for wear when the great Blodgett Horsefly Massacre was over.

You go to Montana, expect insect bites.

Out here the black flies are the worst.  They go for your face.  Mosquitoes are bad but only for about three months.

and the yellow jackets, they are f'n mean.

Edited by mtangelsfan