• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

How much more patience should management have with Mike Butcher?

There is no such thing as accountability in this organization it appears. Results are not factored in when deciding job security. Firing Butcher is not going to do anything. Firing the root cause will.

Moreno isn't going to fire himself.

^I respectfully agree that yes it is an unaccountable organization but at the same time, don't you think some sort of blame should be rightfully placed on Butcher since these pitchers can't seem to throw strikes. They would've never made it to the majors if they weren't capable of throwing strikes. 

Also take a look at what firing Hatcher has done. This offense is performing leaps and bounds better than they had the previous few seasons.

^I respectfully agree that yes it is an unaccountable organization but at the same time, don't you think some sort of blame should be rightfully placed on Butcher since these pitchers can't seem to throw strikes. They would've never made it to the majors if they weren't capable of throwing strikes.

Also take a look at what firing Hatcher has done. This offense is performing leaps and bounds better than they had the previous few seasons.

I hear you, but here is my theory. Scioscia let Hatcher do his thing because he was the last part of the good regime we had. The offense was horrible. Dipoto took the reins and fired him and Scioscia was not able to cherry pick his next coach.

Butcher is a yes man to Scioscia in my opinion. All of the coaches are for the most part. Everything the coaches do or say, in some way shape or form comes from what Scioscia wants. There are no coaches that are actually able to instill their own ideas or they don't know any better than what Scioscia has told them. Scioscia is a control freak and in my opinion has more accountability for all aspects of the team than a puppet assistant coach does.

I hear you, but here is my theory. Scioscia let Hatcher do his thing because he was the last part of the good regime we had. The offense was horrible. Dipoto took the reins and fired him and Scioscia was not able to cherry pick his next coach.

Butcher is a yes man to Scioscia in my opinion. All of the coaches are for the most part. Everything the coaches do or say, in some way shape or form comes from what Scioscia wants. There are no coaches that are actually able to instill their own ideas or they don't know any better than what Scioscia has told them. Scioscia is a control freak and in my opinion has more accountability for all aspects of the team than a puppet assistant coach does.

So, in your opinion, what needs to happen in order for Dipoto to send Scioscia his walking papers?

So, in your opinion, what needs to happen in order for Dipoto to send Scioscia his walking papers?

I honestly don't know anymore. I am done guessing. I thought it should have been done years ago and after last season would have been the perfect time.

Maybe a bad May? If he lasts the whole season and they do not make the playoffs or even have some success in the playoffs, I just don't see how you can justify keeping him for another year.

How does anybody expect this team to win when your #1 pitcher is out for 6 weeks. Your shortstop and third baseman are on the DL plus a slew of relievers. Then to top it off Hanson goes on bereavement leave. Plus Pujols is playing hurt but they still managed a 4-2 homestand. When the homestand started did anybody expect them to have a better one?

How does anybody expect this team to win when your #1 pitcher is out for 6 weeks. Your shortstop and third baseman are on the DL plus a slew of relievers. Then to top it off Hanson goes on bereavement leave. Plus Pujols is playing hurt but they still managed a 4-2 homestand. When the homestand started did anybody expect them to have a better one?

Logical arguments are not allowed here.

I would be much happier about this if I had any confidence his replacement was going to be anyone good.

The Angesl will be getting Cy (insert random dude the Jays picked up on waivers in a cynical attempt to get free depth for their AAA club) for cash considerations

Arte Moreno, you know NOTHING about baseball.

Every dope in Timbuktu knows that pitching is the most important aspect on baseball!

Thanks a lot for leaving us with garbage pitching, Moreno, because of your idiotic way of constructing this franchise, you LOSER!

I'd hardly call Moreno a loser, he has been pretty successful in life. On the baseball side he has listened to wrong advice and trusted baseball people to do their jobs that he has paid them generously to do - and they have taken advantage of that. What I hope he does is start to hold feet to the fire now and begin writing and signing pink slips.

Good teams find ways to overcome. LOL @ the inference that Callaspo is one of the difference makers. Because Callaspo is on the DL we end up with a young third baseman that is better. Losing Callaspo is addition by subtraction. I agree that we need Aybar and Weaver back.

Last years' team was probably the least injured Halo squad I've ever seen (going back to '78) and couldn't get it done. They're due for injuries this year. Last time I looked, the Rangers opening day starter is on the DL. Feliz would be at least their #3 if healthy - gone. They lost what was supposed to be their best hitter and starting pitcher to free agency the last two years and are still way better than the Angels and have a loaded farm system.