• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

3 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Yet another case of a conservatove voice being denied his First Amendment right to free speech by the libs in higher education:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/education/2018/08/22/after-professor-wrote-about-hating-white-people-rutgers-considers-limits-free-speech/

"Keep reading for $10 $1"

pass

6 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Rutgers and facebook have every right to decide to ditch him or not ditch him.  If either of those happen his "free speech" has not been violated.

He sounds like a douche bag though.  

I had absolutely no issue with Facebook doing whatever the hell it wants to, my issue was with Rutgers.

With that said, after reading a bit on the subject, it seems like Rutgers is in its rights per case precedent:

http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/public_employees_private_speech?icn=most_read

8 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I had absolutely no issue with Facebook doing whatever the hell it wants to, my issue was with Rutgers.

With that said, after reading a bit on the subject, it seems like Rutgers is in its rights per case precedent:

http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/public_employees_private_speech?icn=most_read

I see that.  I'm curious as to what he could say that would be, in your opinion, beyond the pale.

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I see that.  I'm curious as to what he could say that would be, in your opinion, beyond the pale.

I don't think it matters at all what I think would be "beyond the pale." What I feel is "beyond the pale" is completely irrelevant, IMO, and is diversion from what I feel is the true issue at hand. I think that what he said was pretty awful, but my objection was based on a public institution delivering punishment for the speech of one of its employees. I'd defend a public university professor's right to say truly horrendous things that I absolutely don't agree with. You name it, I'd probably defend their right to say it.

Look, they've decided that his comments have created what they feel is an environment counter to their mission of providing education and they feel it's disruptive. Additionally, apparently they haven't received any complaints from other faculty or students. Like I said, it seems that Rutgers is doing what they're allowed to do.

10 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I don't think it matters at all what I think would be "beyond the pale." What I feel is "beyond the pale" is completely irrelevant, IMO, and is diversion from what I feel is the true issue at hand. I think that what he said was pretty awful, but my objection was based on a public institution delivering punishment for the speech of one of its employees. I'd defend a public university professor's right to say truly horrendous things that I absolutely don't agree with. You name it, I'd probably defend their right to say it.

Look, they've decided that his comments have created what they feel is an environment counter to their mission of providing education and they feel it's disruptive. Additionally, apparently they haven't received any complaints from other faculty or students. Like I said, it seems that Rutgers is doing what they're allowed to do.

I see your point of view.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34944/netflix-star-apologizes-after-being-outed-liking-james-barrett

Netflix Star Apologizes After Being Outed For Liking Shapiro, Rubio, Trump

After being outed for "problematic" tweets and likes — including liking tweets from Daily Wire editor-in-chief Ben Shapiro, Donald Trump, and Senator Marco Rubio — actor Israel Broussard of Netflix's "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" has officially apologized for his "inappropriate and insensitive words and likes on social media."

"I am deeply sorry for my inappropriate and insensitive words and likes on social media," Broussard, who plays Josh Sanderson in the series, tweeted Tuesday after backlash over his past social media activity. "I take full responsibility for my actions and I sincerely apologize. This has been a pivotal life lesson for me. I am dedicated to becoming a more informed and educated version of myself."

1 hour ago, Lou said:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34944/netflix-star-apologizes-after-being-outed-liking-james-barrett

After being outed for "problematic" tweets and likes — including liking tweets from Daily Wire editor-in-chief Ben Shapiro, Donald Trump, and Senator Marco Rubio — actor Israel Broussard of Netflix's "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" has officially apologized for his "inappropriate and insensitive words and likes on social media."

"I am deeply sorry for my inappropriate and insensitive words and likes on social media," Broussard, who plays Josh Sanderson in the series, tweeted Tuesday after backlash over his past social media activity. "I take full responsibility for my actions and I sincerely apologize. This has been a pivotal life lesson for me. I am dedicated to becoming a more informed and educated version of myself."

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Spineless coward

It is because he is a bit part actor that relies on making producers happy and those producers don't give a shit what is right or wrong but what rocks the boat. Having any political leaning that isn't leftist and gets publicized is painting a target on your back.

Social media is a stupid foray into communication with giant numbers of people, none of which know or understand you. Regardless of intent, anything posted is up for interpretation by those who may want to champion their cause. 

You would think younger people would have understood, by now, what a vicious trap any of these outlets could be just by paying attention to everyone that has been ripped to pieces in the last five years. If you have any career aspirations, dump you social media accounts and stay away from any comments on what is trending. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

It is because he is a bit part actor that relies on making producers happy and those producers don't give a shit what is right or wrong but what rocks the boat. Having any political leaning that isn't leftist and gets publicized is painting a target on your back.

Social media is a stupid foray into communication with giant numbers of people, none of which know or understand you. Regardless of intent, anything posted is up for interpretation by those who may want to champion their cause. 

You would think younger people would have understood, by now, what a vicious trap any of these outlets could be just by paying attention to everyone that has been ripped to pieces in the last five years. If you have any career aspirations, dump you social media accounts and stay away from any comments on what is trending. 

Are they allowed to follow our their favorite adult video stars?  Asking for a friend

Sorry, my bad. Rutgers has too good of a football program to lower themselves to the Ivy League and refused the invite. They have in the past been grouped into what's called the Public Ivy. Still in the top tier of colleges in the US. He should apply at De Vry or other technical colleges to avoid the upper crust of society.

This guy bitches about white people gentrifying the neighborhood he is in but with a quick look in the mirror all that is different is he staked his claim first in low income housing. Now he can sell to the last wave of elites and go find another underdeveloped goldmine like all the smart investors do.

Disengenuous prick. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

"And as for Tamarion’s punishment, it was returned to the teacher, signed as promised — but with a second sheet of paper attached, the family said: Tamarion, writing the definition of the word “ma’am.”

well done, kid. well done.

it's a world gone mad.

On August 24, 2018 at 9:25 PM, Blarg said:

They have in the past been grouped into what's called the Public Ivy.

lol hardly.

they're not even in the top 20 of Public Universities in the US.  that would put them at #7 in the UC System

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Man, the SJW parents of those middle school students are a buncha babies. I see nothing wrong with that assignment.

(I think I got the tone of much of this thread correct, please advise on any adjustments I need to make. Thank you in advance.)