• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

2 hours ago, red321 said:

It wasn't a commemorative event, it was a house hearing

It really doesn't matter, either you are victimized in your head or your balanced enough to understand there was nothing nefarious in the greeting. She's too wrapped up in the subject matter and isn't a good representative for the cause. 

On 3/19/2018 at 10:14 AM, mtangelsfan said:

Yeah, I hate pc crap but this one has some merit.  She isn't Japanese, and they do not know each other in that way.  They aren't friends.  He was being an a-hole.

If you want to argue that someone should be familiar with or friends with someone to give this kind of a greeting in a Congressional setting, I get that.  But she's a 4th generation Japanese descendant. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff said:

If you want to argue that someone should be familiar with or friends with someone to give this kind of a greeting in a Congressional setting, I get that.  But she's a 4th generation Japanese descendant. 

That is my main argument.  It isn't like they hung out and he was most likely being a smart-ass.  Regardless, at 4th generation it is even doubtful she speaks Japanese.

25 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

That is my main argument.  It isn't like they hung out and he was most likely being a smart-ass.  Regardless, at 4th generation it is even doubtful she speaks Japanese.

He certainly could have been trying to be a smart-ass.  He may have been trying do something that he perceived as engaging friendly and/or acknowledging and celebrating her diversity. 

But she clearly knew exactly what he had in mind, which is why she so quickly assumed the role of victim.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Ha! I sponsor a kid through world vision. But he's in Brazil. Isaque! Well hopefully the money gets to him

not to mention a couple of sweet texas rangers world series champions t-shirts.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

You're not brown.  You can't do it to brown people.

You can't go up to a random Mexican and be like "hola, amigo!" or go up to a random black person and do clicking noises.

I will admit I do not get this reference. To be honest, I only have three black friends.