• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

34 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

As opposed to a thousand religious symbols on public land

You must be thick or not pay attention.  Arlington has religious symbols of all religions as well as non-religious.

This is a singular religion in a towering display.

1 hour ago, nate said:

You must be thick or not pay attention.  Arlington has religious symbols of all religions as well as non-religious.

This is a singular religion in a towering display.

"Towering".   LOL

the only reason is because the men who are on that memorial identified with one religion.

I am enjoying the argument between an athiest and a lawyer. One side is just playing the I hate your symbol so it must be removed because of my very basic knowledge of 9th grade Constitution studies, the other side has a bookcase of precedence law to refer to. Almost as entertaining as a Butter Bean fight.

Just now, Blarg said:

I am enjoying the argument between an athiest and a lawyer. One side is just playing the I hate your symbol so it must be removed because of my very basic knowledge of 9th grade Constitution studies, the other side has a bookcase of precedence law to refer to. Almost as entertaining as a Butter Bean fight.

You missed the part where the FFRF is run by lawyers and that he is a personal injury lawyer not a con law lawyer.

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how a giant religious symbol on government land is not a violation of the separation of church and state.  If they wanted a monument to these men they should have built a monument to them, not to Jesus.

Here is the problem with atheists wanting religious symbols removed because it offends them in some way. 

You don't believe in the existence of God so the imagery is as relevant as a statue of Mickey Mouse. You don't believe Mickey Mouse is a real person and as such doesn't affect your life. This monument has the exact same value to you. 

Try and get along with others, that should be the argument of true inclusiveness. Not forcing schools to not have Halloween parties because you don't like them, that's not honring anyones rights. Or tearing down 90 year old monuments because you found some clause to exploit, that is not honoring anyones rights, it's being a dick.

It seems people who don't have access to In N Out tend to be dicks. I think this is the real issue, not monuments.

15 minutes ago, nate said:

You missed the part where the FFRF is run by lawyers and that he is a personal injury lawyer not a con law lawyer.

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how a giant religious symbol on government land is not a violation of the separation of church and state.  If they wanted a monument to these men they should have built a monument to them, not to Jesus.

Been there, done that and people bitch that as well. 

170817_POL_RobertELee-WhiteHistory.jpg.C

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Here is the problem with atheists wanting religious symbols removed because it offends them in some way. 

You don't believe in the existence of God so the imagery is as relevant as a statue of Mickey Mouse. You don't believe Mickey Mouse is a real person and as such doesn't affect your life. This monument has the exact same value to you. 

Try and get along with others, that should be the argument of true inclusiveness. Not forcing schools to not have Halloween parties because you don't like them, that's not honring anyones rights. Or tearing down 90 year old monuments because you found some clause to exploit, that is not honoring anyones rights, it's being a dick.

It seems people who don't have access to In N Out tend to be dicks. I think this is the real issue, not monuments.

Again, that doesn't matter because the government is not allowed to preach to us.

14 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Every law student takes an entire year of constitutional law.  My current ambulance chasing ways shouldn't detract from the fact that I have more formal education on the topic than most here.  But that really wasn't my point.  

The test isn't religious symbol + public land = you lose.  It never has been.

I was curious if you had an opinion, beyond black and white, of why this particular symbol violated the Establishment Clause, because that is what we are arguing: "Congres shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion."  

How does this violate the Establishment Clause?

May I answer?