• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

On 9/23/2017 at 6:54 PM, Thomas said:

What the hell happened to this thread? And I came in with exceptionally low expectations. Like Arby's dining level expectations. 

You only have yourself to blame for the expectations that you erroneously set, stupid.

Now, let's get back to discussing @LHalo's framed Little Mermaid poster. . . 

Fuck the Steelers and fuck Mike Tomlin.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/25/steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-raps-alejandro-villanueva-for-standing-for-national-anthem.html

In case you haven't heard, in short, Spanish immigrant and former Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva was the only Steeler to come out of the locker room to stand for the national anthem. They left him out there by himself. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says in a press conference that he (Villanueva) basically disrespected his football team because of it.

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Fuck the Steelers and fuck Mike Tomlin.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/25/steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-raps-alejandro-villanueva-for-standing-for-national-anthem.html

In case you haven't heard, in short, Spanish immigrant and former Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva was the only Steeler to come out of the locker room to stand for the national anthem. They left him out there by himself. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says in a press conference that he (Villanueva) basically disrespected his football team because of it.

This wouldn't even be happening if your guy hadn't opened his big trap.  Crap. nobody was even talking about the players doing it.

Now we have scrub MLB players from Oakland doing it.

Thanks Trumpkins.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

This wouldn't even be happening if your guy hadn't opened his big trap.  Crap. nobody was even talking about the players doing it.

Now we have scrub MLB players from Oakland doing it.

Thanks Trumpkins.

I have to agree with you. The whole thing is dumb. But these players are seriously a bunch of gigantic pussies.

Trump spoke his opinion which aligns with a large percentage of the country and the players feel like they're under attack for it. Only difference is what Trump says actually makes waves and the league didn't like it.

Trump managed to take a bunch of rich, spoiled players and turn them into anti-heroes.  

and I would debate the idea that most people want them fired.  I think it bugs most people but beyond that, hey it is their sports team.  They want their best players playing.

Edited by mtangelsfan

18 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Trump managed to take a bunch of rich, spoiled players and turn them into anti-heroes.  

and I would debate the idea that most people want them fired.  I think it bugs most people but beyond that, hey it is their sports team.  They want their best players playing.

Sure I agree with that, firing/releasing them or whatever is certainly going a little far. Fines or suspensions are totally acceptable though.

4 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I have to agree with you. The whole thing is dumb. But these players are seriously a bunch of gigantic pussies.

Trump spoke his opinion which aligns with a large percentage of the country and the players feel like they're under attack for it. Only difference is what Trump says actually makes waves and the league didn't like it.

I have real issue with what Trump said. This is the POTUS, in anger, calling out people for excising their 1st amendment rights. That's total bullshit! He's no better than the Antifa dickheads. He could have just said that he does not agree with their method of protest but supports their right to do so. Instead he calls out NFL owners to stop them from doing it and then calls them a name. Totally inappropriate. I want to know what other constitutional rights does he have issue with? These comments are much bigger than just kneeling during an anthem . MT was right that this Kaepernick nonsense was starting to fade until he has to fuck it all up. What Trump and the players are doing is just adding to the divisiveness.  

Trump was expressing his personal opinion, an opinion I happen to partially agree with. Would things be in a better spot right now in sports had he kept quiet? Probably, since "resisting" Trump is the cool kid thing to do these days.

He wasnt diminishing their rights though. If he ordered the owners to take action against these players or face consequences, or enacted a new law that would qualify.

I disagree that this crap was losing steam too. People have been calling for Kaep to get signed very recently for no reason other than muh racism.

i have trouble keeping track of the new terminology so i clicked on the cis-gender link and found this:

What the hell does “cisgender” mean, you ask? It’s pretty much the polite way of saying “not transgender.”

W.T.H.... is that where we are as a society now??

2 hours ago, Tank said:

i have trouble keeping track of the new terminology so i clicked on the cis-gender link and found this:

What the hell does “cisgender” mean, you ask? It’s pretty much the polite way of saying “not transgender.”

W.T.H.... is that where we are as a society now??

Yes, we are there