• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

19 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Then that would be some unfortunate, poor life choices. It's not the responsibility of government and society to bail you out for it. You can always learn a skill that pays more, it's never too late.

Go learn a trade,  get an apprenticeship as an electrician or something. They're in high demand and pay well.

I vaguely recall @nate making a similar post to a member here a few years back and all hell broke loose.  

Anyhow... carry on.

On 7/23/2019 at 11:00 AM, tdawg87 said:

There it is. I didn't think the most Republican thing I'd ever read on this forum would be posted by Tank, but there you go.

I love you man. But not everyone went to college or grew up with a solid understanding of economics or even how to make a living. Hell I'm 32 and I still make less than 30k a year. I can barely even support myself. Imagine if I were black and had kids to take care of.

I'm not saying I support the "across the board" minimum wage increase, but the idea behind it is fine. Hell, in most 1st world countries, the minimum wage is significantly higher than the US. Hell, in NH, it's Facking $7.25 an hour! Imagine starting off with that and working your way up to $10 an hour only to find out you still can't support yourself. In the town I live in, most places pay between $10-$12 an hour, which just isn't good enough. Yet rent increases.

There's a problem in the country and it needs to be fixed. At least the people looking at raising minimum wage have their heart in the right place.

there's no rule that says only successful people go to college, but I know you already know that. 

I have a four year degree and a masters, and there are people who never set foot on a college campus that earn more than I'll ever make. I applaud them. buddy of mine started out as a gardener for a small landscaping business. liked the job and kept advancing. finally decided to branch out on his own and form his own company, and did very well at it. would love to see more people do things like that. it's a considerable amount of hard work and some good breaks here and there, but that's chasing the American dream, and it's a big reason why a lot of people want to come to this country. 

if you're a taxi driver or a factory worker and you're content with what you make or don't have the ambition to work harder, that's your choice (not you personally). but I don't see that it's gov'ts job to take care of you because you're not willing to work harder or do/be more.

my feeling on work and pay is that once you're in a job you like, you work hard to do as well as you choose. if there's an opportunity to advance in the company, and it's something you want, you work hard enough to climb up where you'll find better pay and possibly better benefits. if where you're working doesn't afford you that opportunity, you look elsewhere, which is the blessing of a free labor system. 

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

there's no rule that says only successful people go to college, but I know you already know that. 

I have a four year degree and a masters, and there are people who never set foot on a college campus that earn more than I'll ever make. I applaud them. buddy of mine started out as a gardener for a small landscaping business. liked the job and kept advancing. finally decided to branch out on his own and form his own company, and did very well at it. would love to see more people do things like that. it's a considerable amount of hard work and some good breaks here and there, but that's chasing the American dream, and it's a big reason why a lot of people want to come to this country. 

if you're a taxi driver or a factory worker and you're content with what you make or don't have the ambition to work harder, that's your choice (not you personally). but I don't see that it's gov'ts job to take care of you because you're not willing to work harder or do/be more.

my feeling on work and pay is that once you're in a job you like, you work hard to do as well as you choose. if there's an opportunity to advance in the company, and it's something you want, you work hard enough to climb up where you'll find better pay and possibly better benefits. if where you're working doesn't afford you that opportunity, you look elsewhere, which is the blessing of a free labor system. 

there is the major problem. It's 2019 so many people don't like that route

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

One of my best friends growing up went through the fire academy.  If he put as much effort into becoming a fire fighter as he did going through the academy or the other things he's put energy into since then he'd be 10+ years into earning a guaranteed pension.  Instead of taking that final step he's been working the same job for almost 15 years now.  Other people he started at that company with have moved on and up while some are making 6 figures being in charge of others.  He on the other hand has burned bridges by putting in the bare minimum and will only get the same raise everyone at the company gets.  A lot of people are like him and are content doing the bare minimum.  That's their call but like you I don't think it's the governments job to take care of people who have that mindset.  

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

there is the major problem. It's 2019 so many people don't like that route

we had a big meeting after school several years ago with parents, teachers, and administration. the topic of expenses for school was at the heart of it and parents were complaining about the cost. I spoke about how when I was in high, I worked all four years, and the money I earned helped offset room, board, and tuition costs. I suggested that parents look into having their kids do the same. the response? absolute crickets. what I learned that day was that the kids don't want to work, nor do the parents see that as an important thing to do. And now, here we are.

37 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Why are you so obessed with salary? You reference income all the time, as if it has anything to do with the quality of a human being or their opinions.

Cals may have a slight elitist mentality

On 11/27/2018 at 9:10 AM, yk9001 said:

I really can't stand you MAGAs who carry water for the racist, selfish GOP.  

But, these social justice warriors are terrible.  And annoying.  The white chick in the Seinfeld video, with the weird eye shadow, is just waiting to be offended by anything.

I still can't believe they sh*tcanned Long Beach State mascot Prospector Pete, a GENERIC mascot, because of 'atrocities' committed against indigenous people during the Gold Rush.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2018/09/24/cal-state-long-beach-retires-prospector-pete

Long Beach State had to dump 'ol Prospector Pete - yet take a look at your own CA driver's license.  If that ain't Prospector Pete, it is his indigenous-harming brother.

20190725_131525.jpg