• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

I'm pretty sure the geeks that invented some of the small aps that the big three bought out are happily living on their private islands not thinking of how great it would be to still be in the fight for market share. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I'm pretty sure the geeks that invented some of the small aps that the big three bought out are happily living on their private islands not thinking of how great it would be to still be in the fight for market share. 

Shit, and I get crap for run-on sentences. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jason said:

I had a GM of a facility give me a lecture about how I was trying to gentrify my name during an interview. After some long winded diatribe about people changing their names to sound more important I looked him in the eye and said, it's an Italian word with its own specific vowel inflection and ending in i means it is the plural instead of the singular e. That was the end of the interview, the place went out of business about a year later.

Yes, names can be tricky since the interpretation of a spelled name from a foreign language doesn't always follow phonetic patterns in english. When I'm at a Starbucks I'll be asked if my name, Eric, is spelled with a c or k. Hey, it could even be ck but often I'll tell them it's a q just to see their reaction. When they don't ask, every now and then, my order is labeled Aaron. I don't care as long as they get it right 

That certainly sounds like a plea bargain for what should have been prosecuted as a hate crime and conspiracy to commit fraud. In any case his career is pretty much over and is going to have to downscale his lifestyle, looking for anyone who would hire him knowing what he has done. His punishment is being Jussie Smollett the rest of his life. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

we live in an era where unusual and ethnic names have become common place. it's no wonder so many of them are difficult to pronounce.

my first day of being a teacher i was taking roll out loud. had a student of color named Charon, so i pronounced it as Sharon. she looked up at me and said "It's sha-RON!"