• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

You can’t put northerners and southerners into nice little generalizations. Way too complex.

For the North you had plenty of abolitionists who detested slavery and wanted full civil rights for blacks. Other northerners against slavery for a variety of reasons whether moral or economic but didn’t care at all for citizenship and civil rights for blacks(we see this when blacks begin to move north after the war) And those that didn’t care but were motivated to fight for the union being kept in tact.

Majority of southern soldiers didn’t own slaves but felt it was a way of life that should be protected. Southern politicians and large plantation owners used this people to defend the institution. Some others fought because they literally thought they were being invaded by an unjust foreign nation the way the north was different from them economically and     when it came to diversity.

Again I think Lincoln knew that slavery would die out and was unwilling to touch it but the south felt they and the north couldn’t be reconciled and had to withdraw from the union. Unfortunately I think it is naive that slavery would have ended without any bloodshed. John Brown’s raid and Bleeding Kansas showed how both sides were willing to murder over the issue. Hell there was tension politically for decades (Missouri Compromise, Mexican War, Kansas Nebraska Act, Dred Scott, etc).

Articles of secession by five states from the confederacy show they felt reconciliation was all but gone.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

What in the absolute F*ck?

There are Southerners today wearing Maga hats who's grandpappy's grandpappy didn't own slaves but would own slaves today just to  put those uppity blacks in their place.

There are places in Southern California where blacks couldn't buy homes until the 1970s.

Blacks were getting lynched regularly in the 20th century. But you think that there was some sort of morality wave in the 1800's in the South that was going to eradicate slavery? That is the most asinine thing I've ever read on this board. And I read a lot of stuff from Lifetime.

There are black northerners wearing maga caps too

This Northam guy presents a conundrum for all the angelswin guys who most certainly, definitely DIDNT vote for Trump.

On the one hand, he's a member of the libtard party.

On the other hand, he very very much represents their viewpoints.  Here, he says that they weren't slaves, they were indentured servants.

11 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

This Northam guy presents a conundrum for all the angelswin guys who most certainly, definitely DIDNT vote for Trump.

On the one hand, he's a member of the libtard party.

On the other hand, he very very much represents their viewpoints.  Here, he says that they weren't slaves, they were indentured servants.

you voted for Hillary 

10 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I did.  I held my nose and voted for the least worst of two candidates.  I wasn't interested in the pot smoker third party guy.

bullshit. you voted for her because you love and support her 

12 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

It feels good to be honest.  

You should try it.

ok, I will.

i didn't vote for Trump. 

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

I did.  I held my nose and voted for the least worst of two candidates.  I wasn't interested in the pot smoker third party guy.

It feels good to be honest.  

You should try it.

All the deniers here are MAGA's.  Especially the ones who deflect every time and show a Hillary supporter crying.