• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

Everything is offensive!

i have a black girl in one of my classes that is incredibly sensitive about race. her mom has already put me on notice that she thinks i'm racist. anything regarding race pricks her ears up. i'm dreading covering the events in class leading up to the civil war in the coming months.

Nigeria

In 2009, the Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria has written an open letter to all African chieftains who participated in trade calling for an apology for their role in the Atlantic slave trade: "We cannot continue to blame the white men, as Africans, particularly the traditional rulers, are not blameless. In view of the fact that the Americans and Europe have accepted the cruelty of their roles and have forcefully apologized, it would be logical, reasonable and humbling if African traditional rulers ... [can] accept blame and formally apologize to the descendants of the victims of their collaborative and exploitative slave trade."

Uganda

In 1998, President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda called tribal chieftains to apologize for their involvement in the slave trade: "African chiefs were the ones waging war on each other and capturing their own people and selling them. If anyone should apologise it should be the African chiefs. We still have those traitors here even today."

Benin

In 1999, President Mathieu Kerekou of Benin (formerly the Kingdom of Dahomey) issued a national apology for the role Africans played in the Atlantic slave trade. Luc Gnacadja, minister of environment and housing for Benin, later said: "The slave trade is a shame, and we do repent for it." Researchers estimate that 3 million slaves were exported out of the Slave Coast bordering the Bight of Benin.

Never mind, still college level. 

He was a terrible POS like everyone since him. The end of slavery was probably fast-tracked by a decade or so but it was merely a consequence of his tyranny. He didn't give a shit about blacks. He made Americans murder and be murdered by each other to consolidate and further federal power, particularly because the South was such a large tax base. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

He was a terrible POS like everyone since him. The end of slavery was probably fast-tracked by a decade or so but it was merely a consequence of his tyranny. He didn't give a shit about blacks. He made Americans murder and be murdered by each other to consolidate and further federal power, particularly because the South was such a large tax base. 

I feel like that's a really, really big deal. I'm not sure if slavery could have ended without a civil war.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I feel like that's a really, really big deal. I'm not sure if slavery could have ended without a civil war.

Not true at all. Slavery was no longer economically feasible and was on its way to being extinct all over the world and like Adam alluded to, Lincoln wasn’t against slavery until it was politically advantageous. He supported the Fugitive Slave Act and even recommended deporting them to The Caribbean, South America and other places. 

Slavery would have died out eventually and Lincoln knew that which is why he was willing to let a live  temporarily in exchange for keeping the Union together. Lincoln was always against slavery (he wasn’t sure what to do with African Americans i.e. setting up a colony to send them off to or granting them rights and citizenship, his position evolved eventually to full citizenship). 

The south threw a bitch fit a month after he was elected but three months before he even took office with seven states seceding. A good chunk of blame goes to them.

Lincoln did coax the South into firing the first shot but regardless they still fired first. He asked for volunteers and he got them (first draft wasn’t till July of 1863, south actually had a conscription before the north). 

Dint agree with the habeas corpus but understand the context of why. I think he would have been fine keeping it in place.

Lincoln might be over glorified just a bit but I still love him. No homo.