• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

I'm not sure what the issue is here...gun violence has been big in the news, including a recent student walk out and marches planned for this weekend...so from a marketing perspective they decide might be wise not to put out marketing posters featuring the lead character with a gun. Sounds to me like someone was paying attention.

23 minutes ago, red321 said:

I'm not sure what the issue is here...gun violence has been big in the news, including a recent student walk out and marches planned for this weekend...so from a marketing perspective they decide might be wise not to put out marketing posters featuring the lead character with a gun. Sounds to me like someone was paying attention.

Han Solo always had a blaster just like Luke Skywalker had a light saber. This is just PC crap 

40 minutes ago, red321 said:

It is all fake unless they take the guns out of the movie.  It is stupid.  

So they removed the blaster from the poster to appease some but they will have no issue making money off a movie where the blaster, guns and so on are a big part of it.  Proving it's all about the money and if that isn't hypocrisy I don't know what is.  If you're going to push a movie/product/widget at least own it. 

considering the millions of kids that are going to see this poster and the status quo regarding the growing number of school shootings, i'm not bothered in the least that someone somewhere decided to go in a different direction. 

none of you should be bothered by it, either. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

considering the millions of kids that are going to see this poster and the status quo regarding the growing number of school shootings, i'm not bothered in the least that someone somewhere decided to go in a different direction. 

I am annoyed, sorry.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Pretty much anything that is done in the name of political correctness is annoying

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Pretty much anything that is done in the name of political correctness is annoying

I don't see it as an issue of being PC. There's so much subliminal advertising that goes on and getting away from that for this one movie is not a bad idea. I'm not aware that there was any kind of public outcry about Han having a gun in the poster. What I hope happened is an executive saying that "in this time of proliferating school shootings, it looks bad on our part to throw another poster of our hero holding a gun to help sell our movie, so let's change it."

maybe it's the optimist in me hoping so. Maybe it's the pessimist in others seeing something nefarious. Whatever it is, I applaud them for making the change.

On 3/23/2018 at 12:09 AM, Tank said:

I don't see it as an issue of being PC. There's so much subliminal advertising that goes on and getting away from that for this one movie is not a bad idea. I'm not aware that there was any kind of public outcry about Han having a gun in the poster. What I hope happened is an executive saying that "in this time of proliferating school shootings, it looks bad on our part to throw another poster of our hero holding a gun to help sell our movie, so let's change it."

maybe it's the optimist in me hoping so. Maybe it's the pessimist in others seeing something nefarious. Whatever it is, I applaud them for making the change.

Imagine if Disney glorified a character that not only committed quite literal global genocide but went into a school and brutally murdered every single pupil. 

image.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Imagine if Disney glorified a character that not only committed quite literal global genocide but went into a school and brutally murdered every single pupil. 

image.jpeg

While true, it is worth noting however that the recipients of said genocide were actually rebel scum.

15 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

While true, it is worth noting however that the recipients of said genocide were actually rebel scum.

It's a reverse of the "Clerk's" Death Star conversation. Sure the leadership of Alderaan had rebel sympathies, not EVERYONE on the planet could have. How many had nothing to do with the conflict?

24 minutes ago, Thomas said:

It's a reverse of the "Clerk's" Death Star conversation. Sure the leadership of Alderaan had rebel sympathies, not EVERYONE on the planet could have. How many had nothing to do with the conflict?

This dialogue is not complete without this playing in the background:

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

image.jpeg

Just to be clear.  Vader never was part of blowing up Alderran.  That was Tarkin.  And Vader killed all those pupils using the force, and not a gun.  So it's acceptable.  :P

14 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Just to be clear.  Vader never was part of blowing up Alderran.  That was Tarkin.  And Vader killed all those pupils using the force, and not a gun.  So it's acceptable.  :P

Man you are sucking on the emperors teet. You aren't going to find a lawyer in the whole galaxy that can disprove that Vader wasn't up to his gloried chest thermostat in planetary whacking. 

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Man you are sucking on the emperors teet. You aren't going to find a lawyer in the whole galaxy that can disprove that Vader wasn't up to his gloried chest thermostat in planetary whacking. 

Was it Vader who gave the command to fire?  If the voice don't fit, you must acquit.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LHalo said:

hmm, interesting. doesn't a store have the right to not have people just come in and hang out without ordering? there are plenty of places with signs that say things like restrooms for paying customers only.