• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

Yeah probably, which is a shame.

I get the chance to listen to several hour long discussions all the time since I have to drive all over the place for work a lot. I just pair my phone to the car and throw up the youtube video and listen to it instead of hearing kars for kids for the umpteenth time.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I need to know if it's OK to say "como estas" to Hispanic people? Based on this I will assume no

I guess if you want them to pat you on the head for knowing a phrase in what you assume is their language it's fine.They probably wouldn't have even mentioned it if he'd gotten the right greeting

17 hours ago, Jason said:

At this rate, we will never get to Blade Runner levels.  

Used to be, if someone reached out to someone and made an effort like a greeting.  It was a sign of respect.  Now it's offensive and racist.  

58 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Used to be, if someone reached out to someone and made an effort like a greeting.  It was a sign of respect.  Now it's offensive and racist.  

If he was greeting a Japanese person maybe it's respectful. But she just finished making it clear that she's at least a third generation American, not to mention a US Congressperson. I'm a first generation American but nobody has ever bothered to greet me with goedemorgen. So greeting with a Japanese phrase his aide probably just grabbed off of a translate app could be interpreted as meaning she's still Japanese at heart and should herself be sent to a camp if we went to war with them again. So at the very least, it's ill-conceived.

39 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yeah, I hate pc crap but this one has some merit.  She isn't Japanese, and they do not know each other in that way.  They aren't friends.  He was being an a-hole.

What?  She's a Hawaii congresswoman, whose name is Hanabusa, recounting that her grandparents were imprisoned in the camps.

She should be ashamed of her background?  Is that it?  Because at the rate this is going, the left is going to go so far, that it'll eventually become the right.  That is if the Earth was round.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

muy bien, hombre.