• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Nava/Gentry predictions for 2016?

Angel Oracle

If we could get .280  .332  .725 I'd be happy.... I would hope Nava could hit 15 bombs and drive in 70 rbi's.....

you'd be a lot more than happy with those numbers. that would be killing it, and if nava hit those production numbers, then that means the composite leftfielder would be nearing 100 rbi. i don't see that happening. if it does, then +1 for eppler and he gets to tell everyone to suck his fatty.

Nava - 110 games (.325/.385/.710)

Gentry - 50 games (.325/.345/.670)

Maybe not as bad as 2015, but still below what you need from LF.

And with meh defense from Nava 

It would be really disappointing if Nava can hit .325 and that is higher than his slugging percentage. In fact it would be really difficult. Same with Gentry.

They will probably settle in around the .255 - .270 range for average with about a .315-.330 obp. More than serviceable in the post steroid era.

Both Nava and Gentry walk at a 7.5-9% rate historically. An OBP of .340 for the platoon is actually doable.

if they get a composite .340 obp out of LF, then the platoon will almost certainly be a success. the success will be mitigated by the LF hitting in the bottom of the lineup rather than at the top, where the angels really need obp. however, if the obp is there, then that means that innings/rallies are not being chronically killed by the void in LF.

if they get a composite .340 obp out of LF, then the platoon will almost certainly be a success. the success will be mitigated by the LF hitting in the bottom of the lineup rather than at the top, where the angels really need obp. however, if the obp is there, then that means that innings/rallies are not being chronically killed by the void in LF.

I see Nava hitting out of the 2nd spot..Which would allow Calhoun to be moved to an RBI spot maybe 4th/5th till AP#5 comes back...Gentry will probably hit out of the 9th spot that is where he has hit historically if I remember right...?

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

I see Nava hitting out of the 2nd spot..Which would allow Calhoun to be moved to an RBI spot maybe 4th/5th till AP#5 comes back...Gentry will probably hit out of the 9th spot that is where he has hit historically if I remember right...?

That's what I see as well. Sadly I have no idea who bats 2nd when Gentry plays, Kole? So then your line up is awful after batter five who would be Cron.

Escobar

Kole

Trout

Albert

Perez

Gia

Simmons

Gentry

Fvck

That's what I see as well. Sadly I have no idea who bats 2nd when Gentry plays, Kole? So then your line up is awful after batter five who would be Cron.

Escobar

Kole

Trout

Albert

Perez

Gia

Simmons

Gentry

Fvck

I think it would be more like this with a lefty on the hill....

3B - Escobar

SS - Simmons

CF - Trout

DH - Albert

1B - Cron

RF - Calhoun

C - Perez

2B - Gia

LF - Gentry

Sosh will put Gia 2nd or maybe Gentry vs. LHers

Nava 2nd vs. RHers.  

If there is one thing I feel good about in terms of our LF platoon, it's Nava's obp.  I could see the combo of him and Gentry at .250/.340/.370 

Something that nets us 1.5 to 2.0 WAR.  

I think our opening day lineup is 

Escobar

Nava

Trout

Calhoun

Choi

Simmons

Perez

Gia

that's is um.....not too good.