• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trump is gonna win this thing

One of the conspiracy theories I heard was that the Republicans are just trying to make sure Trump doesn't get 1237. If he doesn't, they can block him at the convention and Romney may be the "compromise" candidate for the delegates. 

At this point they probably can't...once they move past Florida it starts becoming winner take all in a lot of the larger states. Trump wins those states with 40% of the vote and he gets all the delegates.

Irony is the RNC set it up this way so the establishment candidate could take care of things quickly and not get bogged down like....the Romnster....did last cycle.

Besides...let's say Trump does win the overwhelming vote totals...but has 1100 delegates. Could you imagine the shit show, and lawsuit, if they didn't give him the nomination...oh my, that would be awesome to watch.  please please please please please let that happen.

I'm rambling now but you can see that the GOP establishment would much rather have Clinton as president and they will get that if they push Trump out.

Do they honestly believe that the Trump supporters will simply vote for their guy after telling them how stupid, evil and racist they were for backing him?

I'm trying to picture Romney's end game here...could he look anymore ridiculous?

Does he think his un-doresement of Trump is going to make a bit of difference? That suddenly voters who already rejected him will wake up and not vote for Trump? This is a dude who struggled to beat Rick ****ing Santorum and Newt "what an idiot thinks a smart guy sounds like" Gingrich. If he truly thought Trump was dangerous than why the hell didn't he endorse anyone else? 

I'm guessing he thinks this is going to a brokered convention and he's going to ride in on that white shining horse and grab the nomination.

What a total tool and it's not like anyone is sitting there thinking..."help me Mitt Rom-nobi...you're my only hope"

This is all about the Republican political machine trying to dictate to the voters!

It's just the beginning, the GOP wants Trump out not because they don't like him. They want him out because they don't think he can win in Nov. and they are desperate. I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the GOP wanted Romney to do this, in fact they probably put him up to it.

If Trump were leading Clinton in the polls and was expected to win the WH they wouldn't be saying anything!

I find it very entertaining watching the Republicans eating their own.

This is all about the Republican political machine trying to dictate to the voters!

It's just the beginning, the GOP wants Trump out not because they don't like him. They want him out because they don't think he can win in Nov. and they are desperate. I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the GOP wanted Romney to do this, in fact they probably put him up to it.

If Trump were leading Clinton in the polls and was expected to win the WH they wouldn't be saying anything!

I find it very entertaining watching the Republicans eating their own.

The GOP wants Trump out because they can't control him. Simple as that.

One of the conspiracy theories I heard was that the Republicans are just trying to make sure Trump doesn't get 1237. If he doesn't, they can block him at the convention and Romney may be the "compromise" candidate for the delegates. 

I don't think it's a theory at all.

It's very clear the GOP establishment wants Trump out and they are willing to even throw their voters under the bus to do it!

If they can stop Trump from getting to 1237 they can do what ever they want at the convention.

I've never seen anything like this..it's great entertainment watching the Republicans self destruct.

The GOP wants Trump out because they can't control him. Simple as that.

This could be a very dangerous move that could backfire on the GOP that is desperate to win the WH.

If they are successful in getting rid of Trump then there won't be anything stopping him from running as an Independent in Nov. which would kill any chances of a Republican winning the WH.

I really think the GOP has finally imploded..not that I mind. lol

To say that Libertarians are all white people..............................

that is playing a race card.  That is how I see it.  Many times I cannot tell if you are joking or making a serious point.

Well, the above was a joke but like many jokes, it might have a kernel of truth to it. I do think that libertarians tend to be white. Not all of them, but a large percentage. Actually let's do some research. According to this article which is the first that came up with a Google search of "libertarian demographics," 68% of libertarians are male, 62% are under 50, and 94% are white. So yeah, there is some truth to what I said. And of course I didn't say "all libertarians are white," but even if I had 94% is pretty close to "all."

Anyhow, as far as the race card goes, no offense mt but you sound like a sensitive SJW. First of all, a racist is a person that believes one race is superior to another. I said no such thing. Of course the SJWs have expanded it to mean any kind of difference, such as "black people tend to be better than white people at basketball and jazz." Some would consider that racist.

But even so, you've got it backwards. If I had said "all white people are..." that could be considered racist, especially if it was negative. But I was characterizing libertarians, not white people.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Well, the above was a joke but like many jokes, it might have a kernel of truth to it. I do think that libertarians tend to be white. Not all of them, but a large percentage. Actually let's do some research. According to this article which is the first that came up with a Google search of "libertarian demographics," 68% of libertarians are male, 62% are under 50, and 94% are white. So yeah, there is some truth to what I said. And of course I didn't say "all libertarians are white," but even if I had 94% is pretty close to "all."

Anyhow, as far as the race card goes, no offense mt but you sound like a sensitive SJW. First of all, a racist is a person that believes one race is superior to another. I said no such thing. Of course the SJWs have expanded it to mean any kind of difference, such as "black people tend to be better than white people at basketball and jazz." Some would consider that racist.

But even so, you've got it backwards. If I had said "all white people are..." that could be considered racist, especially if it was negative. But I was characterizing libertarians, not white people.

lol, if I were an sjw I would demand that your posts be deleted, your account be banned and I would get the no advertising option without paying anything.

This could be a very dangerous move that could backfire on the GOP that is desperate to win the WH.

If they are successful in getting rid of Trump then there won't be anything stopping him from running as an Independent in Nov. which would kill any chances of a Republican winning the WH.

I really think the GOP has finally imploded..not that I mind. lol

If they do this, they have all but guaranteed that Hillary Clinton will be in the White House come January. I don't know how you can hold months worth of primaries, and then undermine the leader because he isn't your chosen one. When a group of party leaders decides that they know better than the voters, they are sunk. This could be the end of the Republican Party as we know it - not that this is altogether bad. Maybe this will push people like Sarah Palin and her ilk back into the oblivion that they so richly deserve.

Seriously, if Mitt Romney is all they've got, we have already seen that dog and pony show.

It'll be very telling to see how much Romneys name is mentioned in the news cycle in the coming months. If he's mentioned a fair amount, bet the farm that something is up. If he disappears back into oblivion, then we'll know the Donald is getting their support.

One thing I appreciate about both Trump and Sanders is that neither one of them is a status quo candidate.

Oh for sure this. It's great. Like I said, I hope both somehow lose the nomination and run as independents, setting a precedent for a more open election. Liberals attacking the more liberal. Conservatives attacking whatever the hell Trump claims to be at a given point in time. It would be amazing and hopefully lead to more candidates to choose from in the general election in the future. Hell, let's get Rand Paul to join in the fun and run as the Libertarian candidate too.