• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Mike Scioscia/Analytics

Stradling

He should come out and thank Eppy for introducing him to advanced scouting analytics and note that he wished someone had brought them to his attention sooner.

haha that would be awesome

I am still waiting for him to admit that he can't figure out how to use an ipad.

Edited by nate

#Angels Mike Scioscia- "Becoming more of a believer of the accuracy of analytics, its not a perfect evaluation tool, but its getting better"

Discuss...

"It" isn't an it. Still seems like he's looking at things in an old-school sort of way, even if he's begrudgingly moving a little bit into this century. As someone who literally has the word "analytics" in my job title, I still run into this way of thinking among some of the older studio execs.

#Angels Mike Scioscia- "Becoming more of a believer of the accuracy of analytics, its not a perfect evaluation tool, but its getting better"

Discuss...

I like where his head is at regarding analytics. Being an experienced ballplayer, looking and watching a player is much more valuable than any mathematical calculation, as far as I'm concerned.

What bugs me is that burritos and tacos were brought up before a lasagna buffet.

I can see this thread getting bumped a lot when someone like Simmons spends much of the year hitting first or second, we give Calhoun days off against LHP to get Gentry ABs, Giavotella's dWAR hits -7 and we bunt while down by 2 runs with a runner on first and one out in the sixth inning with Cliff Pennington on deck.