• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jerry Dipoto on his time with the Angels

bloodbrother

Jerry seems happy. He found a gig where some thought he wouldn't. Seattle seems to have more resources, and done their homework in the hiring process. I'm sure they have more knowledge of what is going on than a few random guys on the internet. I think it was a smart move by them. Let's hope the Angels can find continuity, not in just the team, but the dysfunctional front offense and run it like today's organizations that have prospered.

I like DiPoto and I like Scioscia -- I never liked the mix of those two together as GM and manager.

DiPoto as M's GM has now hired his own manager in Seattle -- he never got that chance in Anaheim and wasn't about to get it.

The lines of communication and authority re GM/ Manager and the rest of the organization was blurred from Day One with DiPoto who is a stronger GM type taking over for Reagins who, apparently, never got in the way of what Scioscia wanted.

The DiPoto-Scioscia mix in Anaheim was doomed from Day One and more than several regs here saw it coming. The Angels and DiPoto/ Scioscia spent a lot of time denying any communication/ struggle over control existing when it clearly did.

Eppler seems to be working out but then Moreno isn't opening his wallet for F/As.

As for Seattle, they've got that great ballpark up there and yearn for success which has been very elusive.

Really, the only high priced free agent that has worked out really well for them is Robinson Cano -- most of the folks

the M's signed to big contracts seems to immediately tank once they hit Seattle. One prime example is Adrian Beltre who had hit something like 42 HRs from the 3B position for LA Dogs, signs the big deal with the M's and is barely above .200

by the All Star break that year....he rebounded the second half (after the M's were out of the race and the pressure was off) to end the season with close to respectable stat figures.....and then on to Boston and Texas where he revived his

career and by the time he's done will have close to 400 plus HRs and could be a HOF'er at 3B for his era.

I have no ill feelings / will towards DiPoto -- he treated Angelswin.com well and was gracious with his time.

Obviously, it is a division rival but I wish DiPoto success up there and I hope that MLB can do well in that great ballpark.....A little spark went out up there when Ichiro was dealt away -- his ten years there were amazing. a 200 plus hit guy over 10-12 years straight and a 100 hit guy for more than that is impressive. He's down in Miami now and I hope he gets enough ABs to reach the 3,000 hit level for MLB here -- that would add to his 1,200 hits or whatever his Japanese League career stat is to give him close to 4,500 hits lifetime between MLB and Japan and a claim to being the 'all time hits' leader as opposed to that other guy who probably won't be getting into the HOF any time soon (even though I think its time he be allowed to placed on the ballot --for whatever his gambling stuff was -- Charlie Hustle was something to watch as a player.....